Twangfest Spring 2010!

Yes thank you Jay and Suzy! Great time had by all, brisket was great!
Lots of music and gear, receivers being fixed, tubes tested. Lots of gear for sale, several nice sounding combos were set up outside using what was for sale or trade, with the Lascalas and Fraizers figuring in most of them. Inside, mainly a nice set of Wharfendales were being played on a couple of different amps. See everyone in the fall!

Russellc

Mark looked at that tester yesterday Paul. I don't see it here, so he must have taken it for repairs.

Excellent, Thanks Jay for looking at it and storing it. Kinda suprised you didn't CL it with that P.A. system. :D

When the fall fest so I can dream about making it? I was already planning on hitting MO in Sept.

Sorry I missed out but it was an awesome weekend with my friends at the cabin this weekend. Hopefully I can make it if Jay has something this fall.

Great time as always, a little hot got a sunburn but fun, hopefully fall will be nicer and those that missed this time will be able to make it.
Gig schedule permitting, I WILL be at the fall gathering, (if ther is one) for sure!!

It's kinda hard to ask Jay and Suzie to host these things twice a year - but they have certainly done a great job. :yes::thmbsp: As long as they want to do it, it's a great place and they are fantastic hosts, I just don't want to presume that they always have the time and energy. If they ever need a break, there's one or two union halls around that rent for a reasonable price (but probably not great acoustics). Let's just say for sure there will be a fest in the fall, one way or another.

Regards,

D-Ray

Man... I wish I'd made it. Getting ready to go on vacation though, so I had to stick around and help with preparations. Did Stereo Cuuple make it out from Chi-Town?

D-Ray... Looks like you forgot to put sunblock on your gear! :D Did Jay get your PA back to you?

Glad everyone had fun! Lookin' forward to fall!

Here's the last of my pics. I shouild make an effort to take more pics at these events.

The last pic shows the experts checking out D Ray's turntable mod.

Attachments

• jays6.jpg
    jays6.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 75
  • jays7.jpg
    jays7.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 75
  • jays8.jpg
    jays8.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 73
  • jays9.jpg
    jays9.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 75
Jay and Susie were great hosts, as ever. Since last time, they have gotten the living room more finished, and it looks very nice, and not so dominated by the audio gear. Jay's LP rig sounded amazing - music was there, sounding good, but almost none of the usual LP noise <snap/crackle/pop>, and I neglected to ask how that was accomplished. I think it must have been the best LP rig I have ever heard.

Out in the front yard, the LaScala's sounded better than any other speaker I have heard out in the open air, powered by a Bell tube amp. A pair of Fraziers added later seemed too bright to my ears, but I think other people liked them. They were fine about 30 feet back.

I went around during the hot, hot, hot afternoon, propping up dust covers, trying to limit greenhouse effect, but did not get to that BIC turntable in time - in fact, it was the canary in the coal mine!

I may not make it to another Twangfest - moving to New Mexico. It was good to see you all again!!

Jay and Susie were great hosts, as ever. Since last time, they have gotten the living room more finished, and it looks very nice, and not so dominated by the audio gear. Jay's LP rig sounded amazing - music was there, sounding good, but almost none of the usual LP noise <snap/crackle/pop>, and I neglected to ask how that was accomplished. I think it must have been the best LP rig I have ever heard.

Out in the front yard, the LaScala's sounded better than any other speaker I have heard out in the open air, powered by a Bell tube amp. A pair of Fraziers added later seemed too bright to my ears, but I think other people liked them. They were fine about 30 feet back.

I went around during the hot, hot, hot afternoon, propping up dust covers, trying to limit greenhouse effect, but did not get to that BIC turntable in time - in fact, it was the canary in the coal mine!

I may not make it to another Twangfest - moving to New Mexico. It was good to see you all again!!

Thanks for the kind compliment. I think it's mostly using super clean vinyl that eliminates the popping and stuff. I found a Nitty Gritty cleaner in a junk store a couple years back and use it ALL the time. I don't think I would fool with vinyl without some sort of good cleaner.:yes:

Yes, there will definitely be a fall fest. Suzi has actually started looking forward to seeing the guys and hanging out with us. She sure did miss the regulars that didn't make it this time. For the fall one I want to make sure we have cool weather, so if there are any dates that won't work for anyone, speak now.:thmbsp:

Jay and Suzi,thanks again for putting up with us!:D I had to miss last fall because of our town fall festival,and that's bugged me ever since till now-had to miss twangfest!This really is getting to be one of a couple things I look forward to every year.A few times a year I get out of town to see my Sis in Topeka,or see a couple of AK'ers in KC,or get to Twangfest.Anymore a roadtrip usually means something really cool in the way of audio gear.Good to see you all!

Thanks for the kind compliment. I think it's mostly using super clean vinyl that eliminates the popping and stuff. I found a Nitty Gritty cleaner in a junk store a couple years back and use it ALL the time. I don't think I would fool with vinyl without some sort of good cleaner.:yes:

Yes, there will definitely be a fall fest. Suzi has actually started looking forward to seeing the guys and hanging out with us. She sure did miss the regulars that didn't make it this time. For the fall one I want to make sure we have cool weather, so if there are any dates that won't work for anyone, speak now.:thmbsp:

That's great. Terry hit it spot on when he mentioned Twangfest as something to look forward to. I had a nice visit with all of your girls, Jay. Those furry ones have a way of making you feel welcomed too.:yes:

Regards,

D-Ray

That's great. Terry hit it spot on when he mentioned Twangfest as something to look forward to. I had a nice visit with all of your girls, Jay. Those furry ones have a way of making you feel welcomed too.:yes:

Regards,

D-Ray

As usual, I think I had the best time of anyone. It's a real pleasure having so many fine folks spend the day here at my humble home. Now to start thinking about fall.:scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom