N.E. October Fest - better late than never.

fcarpcarp

My apologies to everyone.
I had hoped to get something out here a month ago, but Real Life reared it's ugly head and things went to hell. Now the wood is split, the chicken coop is wired up, the existential threats have been damped down, and I see daylight (now damned near gone at 7:00 PM).

I would love to host a fest in October, say the 3rd or 4th week, and I'll leave it up to you folks as to the venue: the house or the shop.

I'd also like to extend my apologies to those I was conducting business with, I'll do my groveling to you in individual messages over the next few days.

Botrytis, best of luck in flatland. We'll miss you.

Best to all,

Frank C.

Now I have to get my boiler piped up. Tired of missing these get togethers. Wonder what I can sell Hardy this time. :D

Not to change the subject, but don't forget that NEARC is this Saturday in ManchVegas :) www.nearc.net

Yes, the end of October sounds plausible. Y'all can celebrate my birthday :)

I don't think I'll volunteer to bring my new speakers, though... unless someone wants to swing by my place with a pick-um-up truck.

newspeaks

OK Mark, now that you have teased us with the fact that you have "new speakers", perhaps you might explain what they are. You know you want to tell us. Some big horns, perhaps? I'm thinking that by now you are running out of room and probably need to find a new home for the baby walsh's. :D

I shall... in the fullness of time.

Horns are involved; they are Walsh-free.

hint: Cabinover knows what's in 'em :)

OH BOY!, OH BOY!
I really enjoy coming to these get togethers and seeing everyone
and their stuff.
Johninmass's cookies, yummy.
Markus's tube amps, cool
adamants turntables and interesting lp's, wow
Franks great grub, and model 19's, fantastic
I'M IN :banana:

An awesome time no matter where we have it, as long as we can crank some big Altecs (with some Flim and the BBs).
Actually, while I love the shop I think the house is more intimate (in a healthy / primarily heterosexual male bonding kind of way).

I vote for Saturday October 16th for purely selfish reasons (I'm at a race on 10/23).
Next we'll have to start a swap list of stuff we need to get rid of or can't possibly live without.
JimB

uffda! I'll bring you something from the dump
(That would sound like an empty threat -- were it not coming from me!)

Staging a yard sale the 16th and will come later. 23rd's open.
Got another Fisher to show off.

Thinking of bringing a couple freebies.
Pioneer PL10 turntable - my first real audio purchase - if I can part with it. Bought it with paper route money.
Pioneer SX-434 - if it still works.
They're in a place they're liable to get stepped on.

I would love to be there again this year. (I was there two years ago, but missed last years' gathering.) I think at this point, either the 3rd or 4th weekend could work.
:banana:

I'd love to bring a few things that need a good home.

I'll keep my eye on this thread!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom