MD-DC-VA-PA -- AK Members 2nd Annual Fall Get Together at Ohighway's

Ohighway

Wannabe Minimalist
Subscriber
Ok people....... 2 month heads up here.

I will again host the MD-DC-VA and PA (spreading the love to the North) Fall get together at my place in early October. Location is approximately 20 miles West of Baltimore off I-70 at Exit 80., Rt. 32 in West Friendship, Md.

EDIT: The date is Sunday Oct. 7 2012. Time ....... from 11 am until 7 pm..... or maybe even later.....

The usual deal. Bring yourself and some food/drink. Last time I provided pizzas. This time I might do the same .... or..... well I'll provide some type of food. (If I was really smart I'd just employ the Similost Ribs Catering service to provide the food)

Feel free to bring any items you want to sell/trade, etc. as there will be space set up for that. (I am already assembling a pile of my own with numerous items that will be up for grabs) By all means bring your pickup trucks , vans, tractor trailers and a pocket full of Pesos so you can haul home a new toy!! Just like last year, there will be a test table set up with a receiver, speakers, CD player if anyone needs a quick way to verify functionality of items for sale or trade.

I will have a couple systems set up for listening, though historically that just doesn't seem to happen much at these gatherings.

The big thing. PLAN ON BEING HERE ! :yes: The last get together was fun and we can make this one even better ! :thmbsp:

----------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Great! I will make a point of being there, whatever day is chosen. I usually get too busy talking to seriously listen much, but that's ok. Now, what to bring?

Sounds like BIG fun!! Looking forward to it!

Dang Rick, wish I was closer. Sounds like a good time. Sure would like to see/hear your toys and meet you.

Not the weekend of Oct 20th tho - that's the Scottish festival in Richmond -
you may be a cool guy ... but I can't resist the pipers and the whisky!

Last edited:
Well, Sundays work best for me, as I work on Saturday's. But if it is a Saturday, I can try to get that day off.

Oh, Rick. I don't know if you've seen, but your former DCM TF500's wound up at my place. :)

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

(If I was really smart I'd just employ the Similost Ribs Catering service to provide the food)

HHHmmmm... :scratch2: ..... I'm tired of working for the man, and been thinking I need my own business.. :D

I'll have to wait and see on this.. Me and the wife have been talking about taking a camping trip right around this time to Chincoteague

HHHmmmm... :scratch2: ..... I'm tired of working for the man, and been thinking I need my own business.. :D

I'll have to wait and see on this.. Me and the wife have been talking about taking a camping trip right around this time to Chincoteague

Well keep us in mind. We'd like to see you here but understand if you can't. I know how things go sometimes. Really wanted to head out to your place but as I'd just gotten back from a 1.5 week trip to Ohio it just wasn't gonna' happen. Really broke my heart.... I kept seeing all those pictures of that food! Swear I could smell it from my house !

I still need to post up the pictures a couple people took.. Spartan took a bunch for me.. I just need to get off my lazy ass.. Sorry you couldn't make it, but understand how it goes.

I will certainly try and make it.
Travel schedule is a bit iffy on those dates.
My schedule constantly changes so October is far away relatively speaking.

Count me in. The past two GTG's I have attended have been great and very enjoyable. I might bring an amp to sell.

Similost should get into business for himself. Get a trailer and sell your ribs. They're delicious.

If you're open to new faces I may be able to make it. As long as the scout camp out I'm thinking of doesn't overlap.

Meeting new faces. That's one of the points of having an event like this. We like corresponding here on AK. But meeting folks in person is even cooler.

Back
Top Bottom