Capital AudioFest - Anyone going or attended previously?

I have never been but am planning on going Sunday and getting a space at the swap meet / audio flea market.

I went the first year. It was pretty good... Mostly venders, not really much for local people showing off their systems like they do at the main AK fest. The swap meet was OK... the first year it was packed into so small of a room...

If the guy shows up with the GOTO system, that's a MUST listen.

The swap meet will be in the large ballroom this year, so there should be more room than in previous years. I am getting a space at the swap meet, I plan to take several bins of records and as much gear as I can cram into my car and try and make a little cash.....

Oh.. didn't know this started today.. Guess I'm not making it this year again either.. Got too much to get done before next weekend.

Last edited:
Oh man.. that Irish fest looks like a great time.... I really do need to pay attention to what's happening around the area.. I miss so much cool stuff... :sad:

I have been to the first two years of the Capital AudioFest. NOT going this year. Looking at the vendor list there is not enough new gear that has not already been shown. That hotel is crowded and awkward to get around.
Plus, unless I am mistaken, the first year was $10, second year was $15 and this year the fee is $25. I can't figure out why. Same stuff as last year...I am taking a pass.

I spent Sunday morning at the Capital AudioFest swap meet. I never did make it to any of the demo rooms, but that high-dollar stuff isn't really my thing anyways. There were a bunch of people with stuff for sale in the swap meet rooms, I know I sold quite a bit of gear and records (and boy does it change the wife's opinion of my hobby when I come home with hundreds of dollars in my pocket). It was definitely the place to be if you like vinyl, there were a lot of people with vinyl for sale, the prices were decent, and the quality of everything I bought is fantastic.

Spent Sunday morning at the show. Bought a couple records at the swap meet. Lots of vinyl at the swap meet. Not much for equipment.

After checking out the vendors in the lobby area and listening to their pitches I decided to keep the $25 admission and use it to buy music since I am not really interested in replacing my system.

RastaFish:

Where was your table?

Kinda sounds like that $25 lost them more money than had they of only charged a few bucks to get it.. like it originally started out.. I know it wouldn't have been worth $25 to me either..

Kinda sounds like that $25 lost them more money than had they of only charged a few bucks to get it..
like it originally started out.. I know it wouldn't have been worth $25 to me either..

Agreed - with spouse and I, we figured $50 was better spent elsewhere -
so we had a lovely dinner out on Saturday evening, and just slept in on Sunday!

I did like seeing the Volti speakers and all of that last year,
but not for $25 x2 admission fees!

I found some nifty records in the 'swap meet' rooms in the lobby... not worth paying $25 to look at the exhibits of stuff I can't afford, but the lobby was free ;)

I was in room 3, the room to the right of the center swap meet room. My son and I had a table on the left, the first one as you entered the room. I had a bunch of mid- and lo-fi solid state gear, a few odds and ends (pair of Speaker-Uppers, BIC Beam Box, etc), a bunch of old audio magazines and catalogs (and was really surprised that those did not draw more interest), and 3 bins of records under the table.

Seems like the swap meet was the place to be! I made the bulk of my sales between 7:30 and 9:00, only a handful after that. We left just after lunch. I did a lot of walking around looking at records and running my mouth, fortunately I had my son with me to man the table.

I was in room 3, the room to the right of the center swap meet room. My son and I had a table on the left, the first one as you entered the room. I had a bunch of mid- and lo-fi solid state gear, a few odds and ends (pair of Speaker-Uppers, BIC Beam Box, etc), a bunch of old audio magazines and catalogs (and was really surprised that those did not draw more interest), and 3 bins of records under the table.

I bought some albums from you. (excellent condition by the way) I remember the BIC beambox and mentioning I had one about 30 years ago.

we went-had a great time and really enjoyed the show![of course I was there as a vendor] but all in all thought the weekend spent there was fantastic! we met some very cool new friends there as well-BIG HELLO TO COLLEEN FOGARTY!!! ;] had our speakers reviewed by no less that JOHN ATKINSON!-he reviewed them by looking through the door without them playing and ..... simply k n e w .....they sucked! wow ...what a guy! ACTUALLY SAID THEY WERE A..... P E R V E R S I O N .....-oh well -as they say in holly wood -there is no bad publicity!

Back
Top Bottom