Anyone going to the California Audio Show this weekend?

jhildred

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I'm working there so do swing by the KEF Blade room and say Hi . . . it would be great to meet some AKers

I'm pretty pooped after only the first day but if any of you guys (and gals) come tomorrow or Sunday please say 'Hi' in Peninsula IV.

I was there today. Smaller show than last year and more expensive admission. Many of the exhibitors were there last year so it was a little like deja vu all over again. There was a lot of good looking and good sounding equipment and setups and a few that missed the mark. A few exhibitors were playing the music too loud, so I did not linger in their rooms. Several attendees brought their own CDs as did I and I heard a lot of good music. :yes:

The Hotel charges for parking, however; there is free parking in the park just around the corner from the hotel, a very easy walk. :thmbsp:

Last edited:
A couple of my favorites at the show:

Room 218 Sonist with deHavilland electronics. I really dug the deHavilland 50A amplifiers and homage to the Fisher 50 amplifiers. This room featured some of the best sound of the show. :thmbsp:

Room 222 Loggie Audio: Great sound.

Room 318 Audioengine: Good stuff for a reasonable price.

Room 230 BAAS Hospitality Suite: Hospitable. Nice set up using a Packard Bell amplifier pulled from a console. Big sound coming form the 15" Audio Nirvana full range speakers. :thmbsp:

There was a lot more good stuff to see and music to hear. What did you like?

A couple of my favorites at the show:

Room 218 Sonist with deHavilland electronics. I really dug the deHavilland 50A amplifiers and homage to the Fisher 50 amplifiers. This room featured some of the best sound of the show. :thmbsp:

Room 222 Loggie Audio: Great sound.

Room 318 Audioengine: Good stuff for a reasonable price.

Room 230 BAAS Hospitality Suite: Hospitable. Nice set up using a Packard Bell amplifier pulled from a console. Big sound coming form the 15" Audio Nirvana full range speakers. :thmbsp:

There was a lot more good stuff to see and music to hear. What did you like?

I know the Audioengine guys and I agree they they produce some really nice products for very reasonable prices. I still can't believe how good the A2s sound . . something that small has no right to sound that big ;-)

Did you get a chance to check out the Blades . . I'd be interested to know your opinions if you did . . . the room is far from perfect but we seem to have got some good comments so hopefully they have been enjoyable for folks.

My favorite speakers:
1. Tannoy Westminster Royal speakers in the Blue Moon Audio room
2. AN E/SPe HE in the Audio Note room
3. DIY speakers using Audio Nirvana 15" Neo's in the Bay Area Audiophile club room
4. Franco Serblin's compact Accordo's in the Tone of Music Audio room
5. Vintage Rogers LS3/5a's in the Music First room
6. Sonist speakers in the Dared room (powered by a Dared I30 integrated)
7. Dynaudio Focus 340's with Margules electronics in one of the many Audio Visions rooms
8. Angel City Audio speakers with Melody electronics

Back
Top Bottom