C-1010 blowing 2 fuses all times

Next you need to check each diode in the D401 bridged rectifier. Preferably out of circuit.

So we checked all diodes and changed the 4 diodes closed to the two fuses just in case but they give us 250V diodes instead of 200v ( we realize this after) and we turned it ON and lasted a bit longer , still blowed the fuse but now one Capacitor C140 blowed up.

Maybe we screw it up putting higher voltage diodes ?

Could be the transistor bad ?

Thanks.

Maybe we screw it up putting higher voltage diodes ?
No. Putting in higher voltage diodes won't hurt anything. Unless they are installed wrong (backwards). Are you sure about the cap identifier C140? Did you recap the function board ? And maybe install C140 backwards ? Otherwise C140 may have been dried up and shorted out .That could very well be the whole problem.

Last edited:
capacitors blow up for a few reasons ..main one is being in backwards .. next one is over-voltage ...next one is old age ...
so if new expect in backwards or too low voltage rated ..too low rating may take longer to blow ...
in all the time i have worked on electronics and been on audiokarma a very large amount of exploded capacitors have been installed backwards ..its easy to do as the boards can be often wrongly marked ..i change one at a time and mark the boards before removing the old one .

No. Putting in higher voltage diodes won't hurt anything. Unless they are installed wrong (backwards). Are you sure about the cap identifier C140? Did you recap the function board ? And maybe install C140 backwards ? Otherwise C140 may have been dried up and shorted out .That could very well be the whole problem.
I recap everything, every single electrolytic capacitor

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

capacitors blow up for a few reasons ..main one is being in backwards .. next one is over-voltage ...next one is old age ...
so if new expect in backwards or too low voltage rated ..too low rating may take longer to blow ...
in all the time i have worked on electronics and been on audiokarma a very large amount of exploded capacitors have been installed backwards ..its easy to do as the boards can be often wrongly marked ..i change one at a time and mark the boards before removing the old one .
just rechecked everything and that capacitor was correctly installed, we installed a new one and now we are going to test

just rechecked everything and that capacitor was correctly installed, we installed a new one and now we are going to test

Are you wearing safety glasses ? :D

Is the positive lead of C140 connected to chassis ground ?

Last edited:
Are you wearing safety glasses ? :D
so we changed the diodes again, the four I talked about before for the proper 200v 1a and changed the capacitor again and fuses, this time I switched to class A and with a 6 foot stick I turned on( we were being a leaded walls) and IT WORKED!!!!! and the best part it didn't blow up for about 30 min even in normal mode, so tomorrow we will use it for longer and I will report back.

Thanks for now..... [emoji1]

Vancouver is home, going to celebrate the success to Portland for few days

Back
Top Bottom