C2500 USB question

AuburnM5

My C2500 I ordered from Audio Classics arrives today and I feel like a kid again on Christmas eve. I had a question about the USB connection.

All of my music (CDs) is ripped into iTunes in lossless format. Temporarily, all I need to do is plug my laptop running Windows 7 via USB and use iTunes to play music on the C2500, right?

For a long term solution, would plugging in a Mac Mini and using my iPad to control it suffice? I assume since the 2500 is serving as the DAC, I don't need anything fancy like a Krell, McIntosh, or Meridian music server. Curious as to what other owners use the USB connection.

All of my music (CDs) is ripped into iTunes in lossless format. Temporarily, all I need to do is plug my laptop running Windows 7 via USB and use iTunes to play music on the C2500, right?
Yes. This is also my "long-term" solution. I have a desktop PC "hidden" at the back of my HT/music system from which I play music files and HD movie files. I don't like iTunes and use jRiver Media Player, but this is just a personal preference. I can use my iPhone to control the jRiver Media Player.

Your Mac Mini should work as well :)

A music program like JRivers will bypass your computer's built in audio circuitry and asynchronously play from your hard drive to the McIntosh USB input on the C2500 in the Bit perfect ASIO mode.
You may keep your iTunes library and JRivers can be your playback program on your Win7 computer. JR also alows conversion to FLAC files which tag cover art and song info to your stored music. If you ever move your music out of the iTunes world you will need FLAC tagging.

Thanks,
Ron-C

...and if you want to play 24/96+ hi res files, you need to dump iTunes. JRiver is a good way to go with your. PC based system.

With JRivers on a computer you can mix any and all formats from low bit MP3 to 24/192 files. JRivers is a great music playback program to match with a McIntosh USB input.
Since Bit Perfect is the goal when using a two way communication buss like USB High Speed 2.0, JR can show Bit Perfect playback performance on the home screen as well as actual dynamic range of the tracks played, or any other data you may want to see. You can also do file type conversion and tagging to any file type without the need to re-download the music.
Smooth crossfade is another cool feature that makes you look like a professional DJ..
JRivers has both Mac and PC versions. As always you will need a high performance computer made after 2010 running the latest software. Using an older computer for computer audio is not a great idea. The more up-to-date and powerful the computer the better all will sound and work.

Thanks,
Ron-C

...and if you want to play 24/96+ hi res files, you need to dump iTunes.

I play Hi res files all the time with Audirvana in integrated mode with my iTunes library....
No need to dump iTunes......
I dont have any problems using this setup...........it easy and sounds great....

With JRivers on a computer you can mix any and all formats from low bit MP3 to 24/192 files. JRivers is a great music playback program to match with a McIntosh USB input.
Since Bit Perfect is the goal when using a two way communication buss like USB High Speed 2.0, JR can show Bit Perfect playback performance on the home screen as well as actual dynamic range of the tracks played, or any other data you may want to see. You can also do file type conversion and tagging to any file type without the need to re-download the music.
Smooth crossfade is another cool feature that makes you look like a professional DJ..
JRivers has both Mac and PC versions. As always you will need a high performance computer made after 2010 running the latest software. Using an older computer for computer audio is not a great idea. The more up-to-date and powerful the computer the better all will sound and work.

Thanks,
Ron-C
Thanks for such a good concise description Ron - and also thanks for all the other recent comments on other recent threads. I for one much appreciate them.

Thanks,
Ron-C
Thanks for such a good concise description Ron - and also thanks for all the other recent comments on other recent threads.

Back
Top Bottom