D100 with iDevice

Well, the D100 works with my MacBook Pro, MCD7009 CD player, Volumio network player and Apple TV. I've used it with my Mac mini during late night listening with just the D100 working into my Senns. Why the D100 works with all these digital sources without the C2300 turned on interests me.

Why not use a wireless bluetooth receiver and a digital connection to the D-100?

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-SongStream-Bluetooth-Receiver-Version/dp/B00KX3DQXM/ref=sr_1_9?s=audio-video-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=1409149765&sr=1-9&keywords=bluetooth+audio+adapter

c26-belkin-B00AG6NSNO-3-l.jpg

Last edited:
Well, the D100 works with my MacBook Pro, MCD7009 CD player, Volumio network player and Apple TV. I've used it with my Mac mini during late night listening with just the D100 working into my Senns. Why the D100 works with all these digital sources without the C2300 turned on interests me.

What was the volume control?

Is the camera kit Apple's?

Do you have a case on the iPad stopping the adaptor for seating good?

I tryed an aftermarket adaptor once and it didn't work.

What was the volume control?

The volume control on the D100. Yes, it is a genuine Apple CCk. I have my device resting nicely on a flat service with the connector seated in snugly. I don't remember seeing any settings for digital out from the iDevice when we've got this setup in place.

The volume control on the D100. Yes, it is a genuine Apple CCk. I have my device resting nicely on a flat service with the connector seated in snugly. I don't remember seeing any settings for digital out from the iDevice when we've got this setup in place.

Once the USB port is used it just bypasses the inturnal DAC of the iPod.

You also have you D100 setup like a preamp going into another preamp. You should be using it for DAC duties only. The fixed audio outputs sould be the ones your using to your C2300.

If I were you I would set it up like that and I would also reset the D100 to see if it fixes the problem.

To reset Hold in both at the same time Mute & Setup

D100 has duplicate sets of balanced and unbalanced outputs. One set is fixed level at 2Volts the other set is variable. Variable outputs will work for preamp duties if needed or an amp in another area. Both always work it is not either or.
The headphone out of course is only variable out.

thanks,
Ron-C

D100 has duplicate sets of balanced and unbalanced outputs. One set is fixed level at 2Volts the other set is variable. Variable outputs will work for preamp duties if needed or an amp in another area. Both always work it is not either or.
The headphone out of course is only variable out.

thanks,
Ron-C

Ron,

Slightly off topic, but do the outputs remain on when the headphones are jacked into the D-100 or do the speakers go silent?

On my C-32 I always have headphones jacked in and frequently use them when fine tuning the MR-78, or verifying the sound coming out of the speakers aka the incoming signal really does sound that bad or the band really is terrible etc......

In response to a different post, on all of my sources that have volume controls, I tend to use them to level the inputs going into my C-32, otherwise some saturate or overload the inputs on the Eq I am using, assuming that feeding more than 100% of metered capacity into the Eq is a bad thing....

Ron,

Slightly off topic, but do the outputs remain on when the headphones are jacked into the D-100 or do the speakers go silent?

On my C-32 I always have headphones jacked in and frequently use them when fine tuning the MR-78, or verifying the sound coming out of the speakers aka the incoming signal really does sound that bad or the band really is terrible etc......

In response to a different post, on all of my sources that have volume controls, I tend to use them to level the inputs going into my C-32, otherwise some saturate or overload the inputs on the Eq I am using, assuming that feeding more than 100% of metered capacity into the Eq is a bad thing....

Yes the outputs remain on when headphones are plugged into the D100. You have to hit the Mute on the D100 to turn off the outputs.

Yes the outputs remain on when headphones are plugged into the D100. You have to hit the Mute on the D100 to turn off the outputs.

Thanks!

A feature which may seem trivial, yet is critical.

Glad they got it right, again.:music:

That pretty much reaffirms what my understanding is. It's been the same with McIntosh tuners, the fixed bypassing the volume control. My concern is why the D100 does not pick up the stream from the iPad. I am using an iPad 2 and iPhone 4, running 7.1.2. Tried the wife's iPad (also iPad 2) last night and again, same issue. I did notice that the music does not even attempt to play with the D100 plugged it. Mutes the speaker but that is it , the player (FLAC player, iTunes app, tuneitin), they stop.

This is a little concerning considering how many idevices are out there. I have been considering trading in my mht140 for a d100 but if this is an issues, I might not be very excited. I don't want to sound like a hater, but with all of the emphasis on these devices, it you are going to play in this space, there is no excuse not to get it working perfectly all of the time - the is way too much competition at all prices with good quality accessories even at prices that are less than a replacement mc knob.....

This is a little concerning considering how many idevices are out there. I have been considering trading in my mht140 for a d100 but if this is an issues, I might not be very excited. I don't want to sound like a hater, but with all of the emphasis on these devices, it you are going to play in this space, there is no excuse not to get it working perfectly all of the time - the is way too much competition at all prices with good quality accessories even at prices that are less than a replacement mc knob.....

This is not a issue nor is one for the layman. I don't know jack about digital and all I had to do is plug my iPad 3 into the D100 via USB and a 30 pin adaptor. Never a problem what so ever the same goes with pluging an iMac into it.

The D100 has less issues with fermware or any computer related issues in the mac line. You hardly ever see a post on them so I don't/can't understand what's going on with the OP.

I seem to be the exception here, with many others reporting that their iDevices work straight off the bat. I have this feeling that it may be a hardware issue with me using ~3 year old iDevices that may or may not be able to do this. I do know that Apple, due to hardware limitations, takes away certain functions on older hardware, and this could possible be a case unless I know definitely otherwise.

I've piped USB streams from Windows, OSX, BSD and Linux into the D100 and it has worked perfectly. I would say that is has a very good implementation of the USB interface and it sounds amazing. It's even taken my older MCD7009 and put it into another dimension. This DAC is the heart of a very capable preamp with a very good sounding headphones amp - really too much value for money product.

I seem to be the exception here, with many others reporting that their iDevices work straight off the bat. I have this feeling that it may be a hardware issue with me using ~3 year old iDevices that may or may not be able to do this. I do know that Apple, due to hardware limitations, takes away certain functions on older hardware, and this could possible be a case unless I know definitely otherwise.

I've piped USB streams from Windows, OSX, BSD and Linux into the D100 and it has worked perfectly. I would say that is has a very good implementation of the USB interface and it sounds amazing. It's even taken my older MCD7009 and put it into another dimension. This DAC is the heart of a very capable preamp with a very good sounding headphones amp - really too much value for money product.

Im thinking it's more to do with the USB cable or addaptor. Your softwear is up to date and my ipad is 4 years old. The other thing is I'm on iTune as the player.

Back
Top Bottom