Cleaning black faced separates

vfr800fiman

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I recently swapped my C6, M50, T70 back into my system, and noticed that the black anodized aluminum has some smudges on it. I tried 409, but they're still there. These are more like shiny spots compared to the rest of the faceplate, They're NOT scuffs.
I thought I'd ask if anyone else had this issue, and if so what they used to clean it with. I didn't try IPA yet, but that may be next.

Thanks
Glenn

Glenn,

I used Magic Eraser by Mr. Clean on the face of my M-4 amplifier, it did a pretty good job.:thmbsp: Be careful around the silkscreen labeling.

Thanks,
Barry

Ouch!

Magic eraser is abrasive. Good to dip your stylus in, but not for anodized metals or silkscreen lettering.

I use Blow-off electronics cleaner.

A little mild soap and water dampened rag will often do wonders. Unplug of course and go easy on the water content.

i use pledge multi-surface cleaner because it cleans well and is safe for gear from black receivers to your touchscreen phones or even your high end plasma /LCD TVs.
truly amazing stuf that has not damaged anything .does take a couple of tries if the gear is very nasty

Back
Top Bottom