Mr. 4SEATPILOT or other Yamaha vets:

But for some reason, before when just the Left Channel was working, I could really hear that SDA thing (the left side sounded like it was coming from house next door - as SDA does fantastically)...now I don't hear it, just what seems to be stereo. Could have been simply the song that was playing earlier when I had the problem was more SDAish by its mastering/mix.

Don't forget - if you have the SDA interconnecting cable in place and are only playing the left channel - you were listening to the left channel plus the out-of-phase left channel on the right speaker (via the interconnect cable). Now that you're in stereo that effect will be minimized with the right channel info mixed into both channels (very little is truly left or right exclusively).

So, can I be a Yamaha vet now? I have 6 Yamaha pieces in my collection now - because I wanna be like 4SeatPilot when I grow up! :yes:

Don't forget - if you have the SDA interconnecting cable in place and are only playing the left channel - you were listening to the left channel plus the out-of-phase left channel on the right speaker (via the interconnect cable). Now that you're in stereo that effect will be minimized with the right channel info mixed into both channels (very little is truly left or right exclusively).

So, can I be a Yamaha vet now? I have 6 Yamaha pieces in my collection now - because I wanna be like 4SeatPilot when I grow up! :yes:

Yeah but remember, before I fixed that button - doesn't that mean the Right Ch. was not 'working' ? Or was the Left Ch. fully carrying the normal Right Ch. SDA signal despite the problem pre-fix (ie., the problem was happening post-channel) ?

If you have questions regarding the stereo function, do your testing with a pair of normal speakers and eliminate the SDA variable.

Back
Top Bottom