CA-800 issues - troubleshooting assistance thread

Sweet.
You know we are on pins and needles..LOL :thmbsp:

Well - don't want to keep you in suspense, then. :D

Since I changed those pass transistors, it's been playing solid. No more static bursts or other malfunctions...... so far. I'm going to enjoy it for a day or two and then proceed with the re-cap. I'll probably re-build the PS too, since I bought all those parts. :) Could have saved some money not buying the relay, though.

Last edited:
OK - the power supply is rebuilt.... all new transistors, new zeners, new fuse resistors, new capacitors, and new relay. The unit played rock-solid for about 2 hours.

I'm cautiously optimistic. :)

Next up, a re-cap.

Swell ! :thmbsp:

Thanks in no small measure to your expert guidance. :beerchug:

Here's a question for you........ considering the left outputs were blown and have now been replaced, would you change the driver transistors or would you leave them be if everything seems to be working?

Last edited:
Thanks in no small measure to your expert guidance. :beerchug:

Here's a question for you........ considering the left outputs were blown and have now been replaced, would you change the driver transistors or would you leave them be if everything seems to be working?

If its working. I'd leave it be.

If its working. I'd leave it be.

Well then, that's exactly what I'll do. While I have suitable replacements on-hand, the original drivers A706 and C1124 appear to be EBC oriented while my replacements are the more normal ECB configuration.

I just hate twisting transistor leads into awkward positions... :)

Back
Top Bottom