My "new" NAD

Bigerik

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
For almost nothing, I dug up a NAD 3150 integrated amp today. Needs a little cosmetic love, but works perfectly. I'll post some pics as I get into it. Seems like a nice little piece.

Every time I rotate one of my 3150s back into my setup I always say damn I forgot how good this little bugger sounds!

Mine have cosmetic issues and I need to replace a faceplate that is cracked in half...

Enjoy!

Glad to hear it. I understand they have a nice phone stage too, so that should be a treat.

Ever figured out a good match for the faceplate color? There are a couple of little nicks I'd touch up.

I haven't tried to do any touch ups on mine yet, so no experience with any touch up paint.

I actually feel that my 3150 sounds better to my ears than my entry level Plinius, plus it has a phono stage.

KC

Anyone seen a test of this old guy? I understand that Stereophile really liked it back then.

Congrats on the NAD. I don't have the 3150, which is next on my hit list, but I do have the 7140 receiver, and I dare someone to advise me to take it out of my main system:pistols:...lol.

Mike47

And here's the it is. Somewhat worse for wear.
a5uhagyb.jpg

I have an NAD 3155, bought new ca. 1985 and used since, works fine. Currently running PSB 500s, with NAD 5325 CD player (flawless performance since 1989) and Mitsubishi DA-F10. The 3155 is worth every penny, never a problem.

Some years back, I found this clean 310. I later sold it to a co-worker. It's the best sounding 20 WPC sand integrated I've owned.

NAD3101.jpg

NAD3102.jpg

NAD3103.jpg

Enjoy, Erik!

And here's the it is. Somewhat worse for wear.
a5uhagyb.jpg

I think it is a beautiful piece. I love mostly anything NAD. I have my 7140 paired with Large Advents and Advent 1s. Pushes both sets without even breaking a sweat. I took the NAD out of the main system last week and replaced it with a Sansui 4000. Before the week was up it was back in. I just couldn't help myself. It sounds just that good to my old ears:music:.

Mike47

I had a 3150 a few years back. Dual transformers, healthy Sanken output transistors. A few cold solder joints, easy fix.

100_2232.JPG

100_2249.JPG

Lately there's been a lot of various NAD models posts on a.k. and everyone seems to be very satisfied with stock or an upgrade/repair. Like frigging hens teeth in my area of the woods, never see one for sale.

Hey chicks! nice to see you're around..

Got It plugged in and up and running. As I had no speaker cables that didn't have bananas, an extension cord gave it's life for the test. My test PSB Alphas were down a tweeter, but otherwise it gave a pretty good account of itself. The ratty old Polk RTA 12's are next. Probably dig those up tomorrow.

Last edited:
Running a NAD 3130 w/ NAD 1300 Preamplifer in our beach house. Great sounding vintage NAD stuff. I hope you can get your 3150 back up and running soon.

And now its in the shop. Still waiting to find out why it went into protection.

I hate to hear that. That was one of the things that almost kept me from buying a NAD.....there were quite a few post stating that they can become problimatic. So far I haven't had any issues with the 7140. I hope you get yours up and running real soon:yes:.

Mike47

Have a 3130 myself, my Son uses it in his room. Great little integrated. Factory soldering was a bit iffy in places and caused problems. Easy enough to reflow some areas and life was good. Not sure if it was poor wave-soldering at the factory or what.

Back
Top Bottom