♫ <(•¿•)> ♫ MIT Flea Market this Sunday 8/16

w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
Just a reminder, the Flea @ MIT for August is this coming Sunday. If you've never been you ought to check it out!
There's a wide variety of geeky electronic stuff; it's like a freakin' museum o' schmeg!
When I was last there in June I picked up a whole bunch of LPs in nice shape for a buck each (this was at the end after I was done selling). I usually don't get to browse around since I'm there selling solo but I did pick up my KR-9600 there cheap last year.
If you're there say "hi", I'll be the handsome dude with the black Audi A4 wagon (aka the AK express).
JimB

That'd be a real dangerous place for me to go...
I hear you there, that's why I sell stuff; keeps me busy.
But before I set up I always run over to the 2 guys I know who sell stereo gear. I mean I can always use more gear (choke).

Dave - regarding breakfast I'm usually too busy on the set up side but maybe lunch (if you hang around until 1ish).
JimB

i'm gonna try and go and sell some stuff . . . aaaaand then quickly reinvest in new stuff :D

I haven't attended in awhile.

I'm not looking for anything in particular, but I'll be there. :yes:

Markus, if you read this, let me know if you're going -- I'll bring along your Dynaco 25s. If they are in my basement much longer I'm going to charge you rent! :D

I haven't attended in awhile.

I'm not looking for anything in particular, but I'll be there. :yes:

Markus, if you read this, let me know if you're going -- I'll bring along your Dynaco 25s. If they are in my basement much longer I'm going to charge you rent! :D

sweet :D

and now that Botrytis' amp is (FINALLY) done, I'll be snagging some caps on Sunday, and I'll (FINALLY) start on your little maggie SE amp :thmbsp:

I will be there - I will take the Dynacos to my storage space as Markus has no room..... :D :banana: :tresbon:

heeeeey :boxing:

actually, you should leave room for the magnavox amp :thmbsp:

the veneered base is far from perfect, but it'll make it look pretty enough till I can build a (better) second trim base . . . .

I'll be taking them Dynacos !

So, you'se guys want to do lunch afterwards? I figure I'll be baked around 1PM and the hot dogs they sell there aren't quite gourmet.
JimB

Hope you all had a good time, and made some great finds! Would have liked to have attended, but the gas tank and the wallet are on 'E' so no road trips for me today. Maybe I can catch you guys at the next one.

I did make it the the Salem Jazz & Soul Festival yesterday, that was a blast! If I had the gas I would be back there today! Free admission!

The 'Revolutionary Snake Ensemble' finished up the days performance yesterday, they rocked the house, and the 'Boston Typewriter Orchestra' was a hoot & a half! Yes, they play typewriters!

The 'Boston Horns Big band' is playing today (Besides a bunch of other great acts) and I was hoping to get back there today to see them... Oh well!

http://fieldk.home.att.net/rse/
http://www.myspace.com/bostontypewriterorchestra
http://www.bostonhorns.com/

Hey Botrytis, thanks for the pix. I was fortunate in that I was kept so busy selling stuff that I didn't get to wander around and restock.
I had a bunch of garage/dorm quality cheap ($10-25) BPC receivers that I thought would sell but there was very limited interest in stereo gear. I did sell 2 cheap TTs, a Pioneer SR-202 reverb and an EQ though. Most interest was in the general electronics schmeg.
I did see a Mcintosh MC2100 that the guy was originally asking $450 for. I went up to talk to him but he said that once he saw there was interest he phoned a friend who told him what it was worth and suddenly the price was $500.
Did you guys make any good scores (sp?)?
JimB

One look at those photos and I now understand why the folks at Trader Joe's thought I worked there when I stopped by on the way home from the MIT Flea! :D

Another fashion low. :yes:

Did you fellers have the usual dosage of Liquid Sunshine that MUST accompany such an event ? Or was it the OTHER way, 85 degrees & 85% relative humidity ? Any Boatanchor stuff ?

Boatanchors galore, as always. One mans trash is another mans treasure. Unfortunately, there was more of the former and less of the latter. We were inside where it wasn't too bad, for those outside it was a definite beach day.
And the conversations were often weird, sometimes entertaining and always had a high geek factor.
JimB

It does take place at MIT - the Geekdom Kingdom!!!

Yeah, & because of that, I wonder if any really esoteric stuff has gotten dispensed with here...you know, Flux Capacitors, Hydrostatic Gonkulators, an Atavachron or 3...(grin)

I saw a GC-MS for sale once - lol

For Unca Sandy's sake - that is a Gas Chromatograph - Mass Spectrometer.

Yeah, we had a couple of 'em where I worked. IIRC, they were Hewlett-Packards. Expensive as all hell, & you had to get 'em calibrated & certified every year...

Back
Top Bottom