Sherwood S3000 V, upgrades?

bolero

I have a Sherwood S3000 V tube tuner, it sounds really good :thmbsp:

but I have read they can be improved by upgrading some components; has anyone done this?

if so any info/links would be appreciated

thanks!

No complaints about the way mine sounds bone stock. What do you want to change about it that you don't like?

I can't find the link, but someone said they sound good stock: but upgraded it was the best tuner he had ever heard

I was under the impression he'd done more than just update old caps etc?

I'll see if I can find it

Sherwood made running changes in their tuners during production runs. The most common differences are in the audio outputs. The published schematic for the Sherwood 2100 that I have is identical to the schematic I traced out until you get to the output stages and there is where the usual audiophile mods are made. That will at least let you know if the schematics you can find on the net are identical with what you have.

I'd think replacing the electrolytic caps, checking the tubes, and doing an alignment would be more than enough. I have one and think it is indeed one of the best sounding out there.

But I agree that my dearly departed Scott 310E was a shade better.

old thread revival - i have a refurb'd s3000v; the only mod was to relocate the on-off switch to the rear, to shorten the wiring. it sounds as good as any tuna i've ever heard, including my modded refurb'd sansui tu-x1, my modded refurb'd hk citation 18, and my modded refurb'd rotel rht-10. i've never heard the scott 310e, but i owned a foster blair refurb'd modded 310d + 335mpx, and the sherwood sounded better than that, fwiw. so does my stock never serviced s3000iii, w/studio-12 mpx decoder.

doug s.

Back
Top Bottom