it is the most amasing amp i have ever herd lol that puts it simply
---
im reccaping it in a few days the plastics bulged not the caps
img0016gn.jpg

Got to redo the lights boy are those nice meters
img0020tl.jpg

ooh such a nice pic
img0022r.jpg

japan oh yea not chinese crap - in saying that some chinese is good Manito is good
img0023ec.jpg

very pretty amp i love the wood
img0024g.jpg

any how peoples tell me what ya think

Once you hear the "Natural Sound", it's hard to listen to anything else. I miss my CR-620 terribly. Big mistake selling.

oh it sounds very good
if u get hold of one dont sell it
every speaker i have sounds good on it
makes good with my Sony Floor speakers

You should re-lamp those with LEDs in your favorite color. Looks super sweet.
Here is my CR 620:
DSC_0004-18.jpg

Our most versatile amp is a CA-410 my kids use on their computer. I love the microphone input, I think it is the only model with that feature. Use it for everything, my boy plugs his bass (low) for playing along with MIDI and online tabs. Digital recording with a mic. Whatever.

I have a pair of CA610IIs and have mixed feelings about them and the matching CT610 tuner. Nice and safe for a good system but not quite up there enough to be on the outstanding list. For the price you paid you have the basis of a nice system. If you decide to match it to a tuner, while the CT610 is the match, it is a little underwhelming, especially if you pull the top cover. You may want to look for a CT-810 instead. The CT610II I have is like the amps, makes for a nice system but not quite up there to impress me enough. It is a decent puller and quiet. As for looks and feel, Yamaha is tops or at least near there.

I keep thinking of thinning the inventory but they do not get on the to go list so I guess worth having.

I'm with you. Nice little integrated, but nowhere near the most amazing amp I have heard. Nice for the money. However a Kenwood M2/C2 combo really has some steam (yes quite a bit more money than the CA610). Actually I think a Kenwood KA-3500 is very similar to the CA610: nice sound, small size for not much money.

I have a pair of CA610IIs and have mixed feelings about them and the matching CT610 tuner. Nice and safe for a good system but not quite up there enough to be on the outstanding list. For the price you paid you have the basis of a nice system. If you decide to match it to a tuner, while the CT610 is the match, it is a little underwhelming, especially if you pull the top cover. You may want to look for a CT-810 instead. The CT610II I have is like the amps, makes for a nice system but not quite up there to impress me enough. It is a decent puller and quiet. As for looks and feel, Yamaha is tops or at least near there.

I keep thinking of thinning the inventory but they do not get on the to go list so I guess worth having.

Mine's outta here....eventually

I'm only going to hold on to my CA-1010 and two CT-1010's.

My CA/CT-810 have already found a new home, and I'm going to CL my CA/CT-610II's along with a YP-D6 as a Yammie period system from '77-'79 whenever I have enough time to get around to it.

However, like usual, I have too much to do and not enough time to do it with....:sigh:

Nice is an understatement. Not only is the CA-610 a very high quality build but its aesthetics are the embodiment of late 1970's when people had to shell out serious money on decent sound systems. I liked Yamahas then because they were never flashy yet had all the bells and whistles required to have fun. I was lucky with mine which I bought from a friend's dad for $40, it was an early production unit with all the rocker switches made of real brushed aluminum, before Yamaha switched to painted plastic later on. I had it professionally cleaned in and out, it sounds like it looks. 40w pc is a very conservative power rating judging by output measured in amperes which hint at substantially higher power. It can drive finicky 6-ohm speakers effortlessly at pretty high sound level with no hint of clipping, sign of careful design. Good enough for me at least.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom