M70/C70 or Ca integrated?

Bookshelf

I've never owned a Yamaha amp before and was looking for something moderately priced that would be a good representative of "Natural sound". Is something like a M70/C70 good, or would I be better off with something like a CA-1010? I know the CA-1010 has class A and is an integrated, and have been reading a lot of threads about C/M70 issues, how available are relays for a C70 or should I just consider something different? Are the CA series integrateds considered built well and reliable? I'm open to other suggestions also, thanks.

I've got several CA series amps, ranging from a couple of CA-600's right up to a CA-2010 and I like them. Other than some lamp issues and dirty controls, they all work well.

I should revise that and say I recently had a CA-600 fail but it is old and I've not done anything with it in ages. It may just need a bit of TLC. Nothing catastrophic from what I can tell but I won't know until I dig into it.

So, even though I don't own a M70 or such, I can still recommend the CA series because I like how they sound, especially with Paradigm Titan or NHT speakers!

Back
Top Bottom