Yamaha 2040

blt4fun

Haven't posted in a while but I still lurk around a lot. I traded a Marantz receiver a while ago for a yammy 2040 and gave it too my brother with a pair of Mach ones, great match by the way. Well he ran out of room and gave me the system back. I now have it hooked to my rega planar 3 and my Marantz ds940's and enjoying that awesome phono stage.:banana:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 112
Nice. The only model of the CR-xx40 series thats 99% discreet. I'm not a big fan of STK "chip amps".:thmbsp:

I also have a cr-400 that is used daily in my living room, sounds good when you turn it up.

Your cr-2040 looks very clean! I have one in the bedroom now. Its almost mint. What a Great receiver!

I'm on the fence about putting some new veneer on it. The case now it mint, I think a nice veneer would make the receiver that much nicer.

It would be nice to put real veneer on a beat up 2040 case. If an original case has made it this long in mint shape it would be a shame to mess with it IMO.

My 2040 came from my brother in law who used to run it with a Rega 2 and it was a great sounding combo, yours should be even nicer. Enjoy!

I'm on the fence about putting some new veneer on it. The case now it mint, I think a nice veneer would make the receiver that much nicer.

I never cared for the dark veneer Yamaha used either. Nice receiver though :thmbsp:

:DI love that 2040! I have an 840 in the queue - someday. I like STK chip amps - because I have one!

Besides the oblivious would someone be able to explain the 1/2 power and full power LEDs. Is it a warning light, I've seen them blink once or twice.:music:

My Yamaha CR2040 was veneered by Merrylander to match my modified TD160. It is in my estimation a wonderful piece of gear!
Regards,
Jim

Attachments

• DSCN6438.jpg
    DSCN6438.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 46
Nice looking receiver:yes: I have a CR 840 that sounds very nice:music: The rest of my collection is in the CRxx20 family

Mine is the Euro version. I need to replace the tuner bulb, and two of the meter bulbs.

IMGP0314.jpg

I've owned one for years and love it.

I would suggest if you have the skills to replace faux wood grain. Not sure why Yamaha used that. Not sure what it is made of. Not wood veneer not vinyl.

Back
Top Bottom