**Sacramento Vintage Audio Festival Thread**

Sound like I missed a great gathering. I was in Sac saturday but flying to St. Louis for a memorial services. Maybe I can share the vintage love at the 2nd annual Sac AK feast!!!

Hey CP, sorry you couldn't make it, you missed hearing some nice systems. I hope all is well on your end.

Thanks to all. I enjoyed talking to you'all and hearing some really amazing "synergy". Two watt tubes with JBL's - uh huh, just goes to show that specs don't mean spit if the pieces are right :) Thanks to all for the new insights and thoughts - I got ideas :)

Thanks For Those SP-2500s, Robisme

They're the fifth set of "Sui speaks to come thru da audio arsenal, but only the second to take up residency. Like their smaller sibling AS-100s, those SP-2500s are quite impressive in stock form. What a shock to discover how relatively thin their internal stock wiring was(as opposed to the robust wiring found inside those AS-100s & SP-1500s). Replaced stock wiring with 16 gauge. Then rewired mids in series, & replaced stock xover cap from 10uf non-polarized to 13uf np. Tightened that woof's bottom, whilst eliciting an Advent/KLH-esque midrange clarity. Stock tweets were wired in parallel, so gave them their own separate feed. Gave lower tweet a 4.7uf np xover cap, & 2.2uf np to upper tweet(stock xover had tweeter adjustment for either 2.2uf or 4.7uf value). Those modded SP-2500s easily differentiated a Sansui 5000x's lush-n-warm tonality from a Sony 6800SD's prim-n-pristine presentation! Kicked serious glutes whilst absorbing Kenwood 5150 amplification; & a Concept 4.5D currently makes good on its' transformer tag's "laboratory-accurate stereo receiver designed for precise musical definition" mission statement(God-willing, will demo that combo next year, along with former KPFA Sony cd player)! Those SP-2500s may be shy of ultimate resolution, but they're still capable of exhibiting an amp's tonal palette nonetheless! Thanks once again, Robisme, for those kabuki-countenanced killers! ... Hey wiredbecker, decided not to utilize them CV cabs for guitar duty after all; although they sounded dyno-myte loaded with hemp-reconed Celestion Vintage 30s. Stock tweets were too dynamic to discard! So, replaced them stock Pyle woofs with Utah Cadences(Pyle's aural ancestor). They're now sound-room monitors, replacing a latter-day pair of 'Suis(which were relocated to da living room for rear-channel duty). As that auld sayin' goes, that Sony 6800SD never sounded better, & them CVs sound-stage better than them latter-day 'Suis(model tag's missing, though they still have their latter-daze grill badges)! ... Thanks also for those Dynaudio D28AF tweeters! They complement a pair of hemp-reconed Mesa/Boogie Black Shadows in replicating an exemplary hi-end vintage vibe! ... Thanks to all those dyno-myte sounding systems! Inspired a month's worth of March mod-madness! Thanks Duffinator once again! Hope to see ya @ Raley Field this River Cat season!!!

Are there any plans for a Sacramento Vintage Audio Festival in '09?
Ah I knew someone would bring this up sooner or later. :D I no longer live in the same community where we had the event last time but I might be able to get the room again.

Any volunteers for another event location in Nor Cal?

Really looking forward to Sac2009 audio festival and I'm very much willing to volunteer with setting up the gears and could also bring some audio stuff too.:D

Back
Top Bottom