Repair/Restore Services

beanoil

That's not how this works
How does one go about finding a good place or person? I've got a soft spot for Kenwood, and a couple of pieces of gear that need attention. While I can solder, and I'm excellent at troubleshooting to board level at work, when I open the case of my KR-4070, or the KT-5500 and realize that there are 20,000 caps and twice that many connections from board to board, ( an exaggeration for sure, but looks that way), I just spray the de-oxit on the pots and switches, and close it back up. The 4070 has a very weak left channel, and the usual power switch issue. My baby Kenny KA-3500 needs a complete examination and service. I've got a short list that includes Alphatech in St.Louis, ( a guy named Zaw Win), Deltronics in Chicago, and maybe Norbern in Colorado Springs. Are there any AK members doing this work that will take the time and care needed for a professional, long lasting job?

Randy restored my Kenwood Supreme and did a great job:

Randy Young
204 Scenic View Drive
Clinton, TN 37716
865 463-0743

Your location might be helpful.

Saint Louis area. The amp is physically small though, and I'm willing to ship it somewhere if the job is done correctly.
The KR is larger and heavier. I'd still ship it for the proper care, but I am calling these folks today and see if I get a good feeling about them. http://www.stlouiscomputronics.com/

Attachments

• kenny.jpg
    kenny.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 14
  • kenny 2.jpg
    kenny 2.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom