Altec 875a Granada with bi-amp 770a

Jenkster

Bonzo!
Subscriber
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ele/2946839810.html

The asking $1600 price seems a bit high but you just don't them them too often, especially with the 770a amps.:scratch2: They are in my city and I almost have to check them out. I am a bit short on $$$ at this time and I don't want to be a "tire kicker.":dunno: Maybe Tom Brennan's lurking about and can give me a heads up on these?

Last edited:
Woofer is a typo, seller was probably trying to parrot from the literature whch states "411 type", from the pic it's obvious that the woofers are 413's. IMO, 1600 is maybe a tad high since these are the bi-amp version and have the marginally less desirable 413's(not knocking the 413 here, but the 411 was introduced as an improvement and certainly commands the higher resale value) . Those factory bi-amplifiers are borderline for hifi apps, the factory passive XO and attenuator networks combined with any decent hifi amplifier are the better sounding option.

The Grenada, not unlike the Barcelona always seem to bring a premium for their cabinet work. So, even with the load caveats the price might not be too far out of reality.

Thanks for the info bowtie, I appreciate it. I wondered about the quality and durability of those amps. It sure limits you options unless there was a way to by-pass them which I assume would involve a crossover of some tyoe.:scratch2: I think my $1600, if I had it, would be better spent. I paid less that that for a near mint pair of JBL 4430's.:thmbsp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom