SMAC April 2014

jmathers

I'm pleased to announce that the April SMAC meet will be on Saturday, April 19th from 1pm-? at Don's place.

See my email for more details.

:banana::banana::banana:

Woot woot woot!

Boss man JM says, "Thank you Don for agreeing to host! Some different equipment this time and an opportunity to bring some equipment to swap in, including those classic speakers you've been raving about."

Who has been raving about what classic speakers? :scratch2:

Can't make this one, Don. Going to see my son play at 881 7th Ave, New York, NY . They're not letting me conduct at this gig for some reason.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

WOOT, WOOT, WOOT, etc!!! there will be good tunes in the hood.

Proud alumni of RU High?
Go Panthers!

:beatnik:

Do you have a digital source that can read outside media?

I just downloaded Van Morrison's "Moondance" in 24/192 from HDTracks and can bring it on a thumb drive or in my phone???

I think so. The Oppo BDP-83 in the Family Room has a USB terminal on the front, so I think it will read it and use the hi-res intermal DAC. I'll see if I can find the manual and check.

Do you have a digital source that can read outside media?

I just downloaded Van Morrison's "Moondance" in 24/192 from HDTracks and can bring it on a thumb drive or in my phone???

I think so. The Oppo BDP-83 in the Family Room has a USB terminal on the front, so I think it will read it and use the hi-res intermal DAC. I'll see if I can find the manual and check.

I will try to cover that, bring it on the thumb drive.

(I am pretty sure the Oppo does not do that, I know my BDP-83 does not)

Hey gang - hope you can make it! The weather looks like it will be pleasant enough, if not particularly warm, so you can put off those outdoor chores for another Saturday for sure. :D

Bring your RECORD STORE DAY finds and give 'em a spin!

A few updates:
- Jim Salk, of Salk Sound (our hometown (literally!) high-end speaker builder), has generously agreed to the use of a set of Song Tower speakers (with ribbon tweeters) for exhibition here on Saturday. (I've had these on my speaker radar for some time and I've been meaning to ask about an in-home demo as his shop is very close; this seemed like a good time to do so!) My plan at the moment (hopefully picking them up tomorrow) is to have them up in the Music Library on the Audio Research gear and move the Epos speakers down to the Living Room on the EL84 amp (a good combo).

- Olson is planning to bring a laptop and new DAC, if he gets in in time) and was considering bringing some speakers and a NAD integrated for the Family Room.

And munchies are being prepared ... see you soon!

I wish I could see everyone but my 29 year old son is still at the U of M Hospital fighting ALL leukemia since 3/20/2014, a family member is with him 24/7. I wish he would get discharged for Easter but there's little hope of that, looks like outpatient treatments start in May until the bone marrow in July. :tears:

Back
Top Bottom