Yamaha cr-620 not working after Deoxit!!!

Drummerboy75

So my friends cr-620 quite on him. No power up at all. Before hand all was well, including sound. So I brought it home, opened it up and, found that a fuse had blown. Before finding the blown fuse, I went ahead and shot it with some Deoxit. While letting things dry out, I found the blown fuse. I replaced the fuse, shot everything with some compressed air, and powdered it up. It came on, but it now has no sound. I'm not hearing the speaker protection relay click on. Upon further inspection, it appears to be a little wet still inside the clear piece that the switch is in. So, is it safe to say that it just needs to dry out?

Last edited:
let it dry fully before anything more .. then you will know . maybe move all switches etc multiple times as well in case some crud moved into the wrong place .

I don't think deoxit is your problem.

So my friends cr-620 quite on him. No power up at all.

Fuses just don't blow for no reason. I'd start by checking for any DC voltage at both the amplifiers output connections.

Are you getting any red LED's illuminating at power up ?

Last edited:
I am getting red LEDs at start up. I'll get my tester out and check them tomorrow and let you guys know. Tonight is off, I have a Bulldog that just went into labor...

Hi Folk's. I have a yamaha cr-620. The power button had been working fine then one day i turned it on but when i pressed the button to turn it off, it wont turn the receiver off. Now, i have to plug it into the socket due to the power button not engaging. The button will push in and out and i can hear the relays click in when plugged. Im not that new to the AK, I just rarely sign in. I would appreciate any and all insight. Thank's. Sorry if i needed to start a new thread

If the fuse blew, something's wrong that needs way more than DeoxIT. My experience is that the 620 caps are usually bad, way worse than anything else I've worked on. Troubleshoot the power supply and then keep on going!

Sorry if i needed to start a new thread
It starts getting confusing when trying to T-shoot more than one unit per thread. Welcome to AK BTW.
Be looking for your thread..:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom