yamaha mx-600u

lueds

I own a Yamaha RS 700 receiver looking at in MX 600u amplifier to go with it I don't know much about the mx- 600u amplifier was just wondering if it would be a good match for the rs.700

Could you be a bit more specific about the receiver that you have? There is no Yamaha "RS 700" afaik. Did you mean the R-S700?

Assuming that is the case, it should work fine. The R-S700 does have pre-outs on the back. The MX-600u does provide more power than the R-S700 offers itself.

sorry Chris Brown newbie here

Yes its a Yamaha R-S700 receiver I am powering cerwin Vega dx9 and also have a pair of Bose 901 Series IV i am looking for a decent higher power Yamaha amplifier was just wondering if the Yamaha MX-600u would put out enough power to push my speakers relatively hard and if not could you possibly recommend a Yamaha amplifier that won't kill my pocket thank you very much for your response:D

If you have Bose 901's, then you have to use the Bose equalizer with them. However, the Ed would not be right for the CV's, as it would overamplify the lows and highs.

Using the R-S700 to power the CV's, and then put the Bose EQ inline between the pre-outs of the R-S700 and the inputs of the MX-600u and use it to power the 901's. That way, only the Bose get the EQ, and each pair has its own amplifier.

If the lesser power MX-600 has the same technology and sounds as good as the MX-800, it is a superb amplifier.

Back
Top Bottom