Nikko Betta II no relay click

W.ALLEN

Just received my Betta II , have not hooked it up to my system yet but from what I have read when the pre is powered on you should hear the protection relay click . I plugged this one in and powered it up and no click so thinking there is a problem . I have sent a message to the seller and am waiting on a reply . Just wanted to make sure it should click even with nothing hooked to it .

I'm thinking that there are no relays in this since it is a preamp. Usually the relay click people are talking about is the speaker protection relay and those are in units with power amps (receivers, integrated amps, ect).

Edit: Doing a little quick research it looks like the relay is the muting relay to mute the audio signal. Try pushing the muting button and see if you here a click.

Last edited:
Thank you markdi , I wanted to make sure before I put it in my system and if it's fine I will send a message to the seller and tell him I made a mistake .

It's hooked up and playing , needs a little deox but other than that so far I like it . The phono section sounds pretty nice . The reviews on this where good so wanted to try one and they are affordable .

The Beta seems to have a crisper highs than my C2 , pretty impressed with the phono section , all around nice sounding pre.

Back
Top Bottom