Tom Brady suspended 4 games

This will get thrown out on appeal. No arbitraitor is going to uphold this on "generally aware" and "more probable than not".

From what I am hearing , this came down because of Brady's non-compliance with the investigation more than actual guilt .

I can't recall a time when abiding by the rules has ever landed one in hot water....

Had the game balls been within inflation standards per NFL rules, this conversation would NOT exist.

I can't recall a time when abiding by the rules has ever landed one in hot water....

Had the game balls been within inflation standards per NFL rules, this conversation would NOT exist.

That's just it. There was no standard. This whole thing is ridiculous.

Last edited:
I hear the Pats next scandal will be to line the opponents hall ways with sand paper . So when they walk out to the field , their cleats will be shorter .

Then we can have ThreeCheat . :D

It is not known, and may never be known, if rules were broken. But there was perceived risk of the league's reputation being broken. And when given a decision between a scar on the NFL's reputation and a scar on the Patriots' reputation, the choice was quite easy for the league.

Really? The NFL is worried about it's reputation when half the post season stories deal with legal problems of it's employees?

These guys really do need to get their act together and implement some sort of consistent and uniform policy. I wonder if this will withstand a challenge and isn't just posturing to show that they are trying to be tough.

The news just said Brady "likely" knew and is "apparently" involved???? Sounds solid to me :lmao:

just what the Pats need to fire them up...plus a couple 5th-6th rounders nobody else noticed. We'll see.

I believe it will get knocked down to 2 games or less after appeal.

Until this started I never realized each team used their own footballs. I always thought the league provided them. The NFL/referees are as much to blame.

Most sport bodies and the teams deserve each other in this ridiculousness...

The rule book is applied in such retarded ways that no wonder these things happen. Trying to fix ambiguous rules is always a spiraling disaster.

The NFL and NBA are a joke when it comes to rules. Its like a school nowadays and the students run the school.

Had Brady done the right thing and fessed up early and taken his lumps (an established $25K fine for manipulating game balls) instead of (along with Bob Kraft) threatening, obfuscating and lying, this thing would have been ancient history by now. Brady (and Kraft) brought this upon themselves. This fine wasn't really about a 2 psi under-inflatement of the ball. It was about Brady's and the Patriots' behavior after having been caught in the act.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...elves-for-nfls-harsh-deflategate-punishments/

Call the deflator and get this resolved!

throw HIM under the bus!

...after having been caught in the act??? You call all that "maybe knew" and "looks like guilty" any proof???? While a bunch of other NFL players beat their wife/GFs, drive drunk or high or assault someone 3 times smaller then them - and NOTHING!!!!
I'd say NFL and Goodell are just a bunch of hypocrites and simpy a..holes....
I'm really disappointed...

I believe it will get knocked down to 2 games or less after appeal.

Until this started I never realized each team used their own footballs. I always thought the league provided them. The NFL/referees are as much to blame.

This is exactly my thoughts on the whole issue. If both teams used the same ball(s) then there would be no advantage/disadvantage in any given game. The NFL is to blame by leaving opportunity open for any perceived "cheating".

Back
Top Bottom