Heresey II with Mac 2505 amp/c-26 pre..thoughts

can-man

Have found a set of Heresey II for a decent price. I currently have the system running thru KG2's.

Is this a good match for the Mac system and for less than $400.00 for the Heresey II's?

Is there something else besides Cornwalls or Horns as out of my price range?

Have found a set of Heresey II for a decent price. I currently have the system running thru KG2's.

Is this a good match for the Mac system and for less than $400.00 for the Heresey II's?

Is there something else besides Cornwalls or Horns as out of my price range?

The Heresy II will give you better highs and midrange than the KG-2, but I get a little better bass out my KG-2's. If you get the Heresy's positioned correctly to get the best bass for your listening area, they will do great. If you can find a pair of Forte's, I think you would have a better combination.

I have owned both the KG-2 and Heresy II and agree completely with what Steve has said above. The Heresy II also have much better power handling and will be able to play at higher volumes. The HII can always benefit from a subwoofer though.

I would toss Quartets into the mix if they come around. Up on 12 inch stands and refreshed crossovers and Crites tweeters really make them shine here and made it a no brainer to switch out my Hii's.

I'm running a Mcintosh c28 into a mc250

Last edited:
Heritage line is the following:

Klipschorn
La Scala (the discontinued Belle is a fancier furniture version of the La Scala)
Cornwall
Heresy

Extended Heritage:

Chorus (actually replaced the Cornwall for a time)
Chorus II (likewise)
Forte
Forte II

Basically the core Klipsch speaker designs and their close relationships thereof. All manufactured in Hope, Arkansas and designed by Paul W. Klipsch.

Heritage line is the following:

Klipschorn
La Scala (the discontinued Belle is a fancier furniture version of the La Scala)
Cornwall
Heresy

Extended Heritage:

Chorus (actually replaced the Cornwall for a time)
Chorus II (likewise)
Forte
Forte II

Basically the core Klipsch speaker designs and their close relationships thereof. All manufactured in Hope, Arkansas and designed by Paul W. Klipsch.

Quartets forgotten again.....:nono:

I had a pair of hersey II that I kept for over 10 years that ran off a C-29 and MC2505. The speakers were in the master bed room up in the corners . They sounded great though the bass fell off below 50 Hz. I traded them for a Pair of Bozak B-313's to be used as side speakers in my 6.0 HT ssytem with other Bozaks. Symphonys and Concert Grands. They performed well and are now monitor speakers in A Church Choir room and perform flawlessly. They really work well in larger rooms,like their larger cousins. If you need bass, look for Cornwalls, you won't be disappointed and the 2505will work great if its been reconditioned.

I ran a set of HII in stock form with a 2505 and C28 and they can be magic. Yes, the bass is not thumpy, it just is so smooth and has great resolution.

Check Bob Crites' site for some things he has for the HII. I used his recap kit and though my tweeters were good put in the titanium replacements. Wow, for a couple of hundred the result is a speaker that sounds like a couple of grand. It passed my cat's favorite speaker test and soon after my son decided they are his new speaker.

Back
Top Bottom