Auction for VOA: Vince Guaraldi Trio, Black Orpheus, Original Fantasy LP !!!!

Grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
Auction For VOA. For those of you who are unfamiliar with our VOA charity you can read about it here http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=618522

With the holidays fast approaching its time for we here on Audiokarma to start our annual fund raising drive to help those less fortunate. How this works is we list items for sale with a start and ending date. Once the item ends you can view this thread on how to pay http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=335532

Please remember that 100% of the funds from this auction will go to help our adopted VOA families. OK, on to the auction

Up for your bidding pleasure is a prized record from my personal collection. Vince Guaraldi Trio, Jazz Impressions of Black Orpheus ( Cast your fate in to the wind ) Fantasy Records 8089. This is an original 1962 stereo pressing on black vinyl with blue label. I'll start with the cover. It has slight ring ware and a lillte left over glue from a past price sticker, otherwise I would rate it at a very solid VG+. The LP looks almost immaculate. Side 1 plays and sounds almost magical on SOTA table. Side 2 does as well but has a slight tick near the end of the last track. I would rate the vinyl as a solid VG+, and believe me you will not be disappointed with that !

This record will come to you having been scrubbed clean as a whistle on my VPI 16.5 then bagged in a new MoFi inner sleeve, and outter sleeve. With all thats been said I do hope our members show this beautiful LP the love it deserves for our great charity.

Picture below is not of actual item and is only for reference

picture.php

This album was originally intended as an early Stateside acknowledgment of the power of Brazilian bossa nova, and it remains one of the best examples of early jazz samba. Vince Guaraldi selected classic themes from the acclaimed 1959 film Black Orpheus, applying the superior sense of presentation that had already made him a leading trio pianist. The lasting impact of the album, however, can be traced to the incredibly popular Guaraldi original that led off the original LP's contrasting second side of trio music. "Cast Your Fate to the Wind" became that rare phenomenon, an instrumental jazz hit single and Grammy award winner, that made Guaraldi a household name among jazz fans even before his Charlie Brown scores. This unique and memorable album is essential for all jazz and vinyl collectors, as well as fans of the famed film.

Track Listing:

Samba De Orpheus
Manha De Carnival
Musso Amor
Generique
Cast Your Fate To The Wind
Moon River
Alma-Ville
Since I Fell For You

Lets start the bidding at $1.00, and run the auction till Oct 28 at 12:00 midnight, eastern standard time. There is a very small reserve of 25.00 on this LP. Winning bidder to pay for shipping charges.

Again Please remember that all funds raised from this auction will go toward helping out adopted families. Also I will be auctioning off many more items for our charity in the coming days. If you would like me to hold off on shipping so you could consolidate items to save on shipping I would be happy to.

Thank you for looking
Grumpy

You Rock for starting this one out sir !!!

This one ends tonight. Still time to get your bids in. Thanks

Grumpy

And thank you sir. Hope you like this one as much as I did.

Back
Top Bottom