Yamaha Cr-840 volume pot busted

doitnow

Hi all, my long time Yamaha Cr-840 just got the volume pot busted by my 4 years old nephew. We had a family gathering last weekend and the little nephew was free to roam around the house when he decided to give a good crank of the volume knob on my Yamaha, untended of course.

What he must have done was I guess that he kept turning the volume pot all the way up and kept going until the stop notch of the potentiometer stripped and now it goes around and around without the notch to stop it. Good thing I had the power bar to the receiver and the whole stereo system turned off, well I was kind of trying to prevent the kid from playing with the stereo system when we are not watching.

I haven't try to open it up to look at the damage yet. I figured I try the experts opinion on here first.

Can this be easily fixed or it needs to be replaced?

Your help/advice is greatly appreciated!

Hello

No problem ! send a closer picture or the shaft and an inside view to see the rear of the pot

Waiting to know more ..:scratch2:

Thanks for the advice, clinic-audio. I PMed merrylander and waiting for his reply.

This is a great site!

Hello all:

I spent a couple of hours yesterday to replace the volume pot that merrylander sent me(thank you Rob), cleaned all the other pots as well. She is singing beautifully now. Again, a big thanks to member merrylander. What a great information and helpful site this is!

Back
Top Bottom