New England AKer Winterfrankenfest is GO for Saturday March 3rd in lovely Clinton, MA

I'd like to give a special shout out to a few guys who donated money for the fest even though they weren't coming, couldn't possibly come or couldn't make it this time.
Archie2
frahengeo
EPI-Center
I think I'm missing one other donor, and if so, PM me and I'll add you here to the special post of fame.
Who am I? Rodney Dangerfield? Sorry I couldn't make this one; had prior plans to smoke cigars all day. Bet it was fun again. :)

I'll never forget back in the early '80s when the McDonald's musical logo was "You deserve a break today . . .at McDonalds".

Rodney Dangerfield does a standup performance and says, "It's tough out there I tellya." Pulls on collar and twists neck. "I go to McDonalds and they tell me I don't deserve a break".

Thanks Clint. I'll fix that now.

It's not my cheese cutting board.

Last edited:
I had a great time in Clinton thanks to Frank, Peter and Jim. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again at the next fest in June. Rich.

Thanks to Frank, Peter, Jim, Don, and everyone for a great event. One great thing about AK in general and this group in particular is that everyone is friendly, welcoming, and helpful. No class structure here. That's good!

I'm listening to an LP bought from Steph on my Dual 1219 with a plinth upgrade bought from Truck99 through cables bought from Don, all on Saturday. Gotta love it!

Thanks to everyone for a nice day and for (once again) helping a fool become separated from his money. --Dan

Last edited:
Pride of ownership -- AdamAnt316 with his cool tubes amps, etc:
attachment.php

attachment.php

My gear. I demonstrated hi-rez audio from a desktop computer with a decent sound card, large Yamaha amp, and some "look bad-sound good" speakers. The listening space was a little gritty:
attachment.php

attachment.php

There were plenty of victuals, too.
attachment.php

Attachments

• pride.jpg
    pride.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 100_7782.jpg
    100_7782.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 100_7781_cr.jpg
    100_7781_cr.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 100_7784.jpg
    100_7784.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 100_7788.jpg
    100_7788.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
My thanks, too to Frank and Peter and everyone that made this such an excellent event.
I came down from Burlington for my first Frankenfest and had a great time. Thanks to Rob and Ian for giving me so much of their time and teaching me so much. I don't know what I expected but it sure did not disappoint.
The surge protector thing is mine and I'll pick it up next time if it hasn't found a good use there. Feel free to do with it what comes naturally.
Things I did not expect to learn . . . how to kill two deer in two days with your car and what to do with them afterwards. The second part really depends upon who you ask.
Thanks all,
Ron

I can't wait for the June event, which will be my first! Couldn't make it Saturday and was quite disappointed.

Hey, who the heck sold me that Pioneer tube amp. I need your address again. Send me a PM, por favor!

Pride of ownership -- another AKer with his cool tubes amps, etc:
attachment.php

attachment.php

What can I say, I like my tubes. :D Hope everyone enjoyed the sound of my gear, even if the ARs were not too well balanced. Also hope that Ian can fix those nice B&Ws without too much expense. :sigh:
-Adam

Back
Top Bottom