Twin Cities get-together date.

doucanoe

Registered Audio Abuser
I have been asked by enough people now about the next Twin Cities get-together that I figured it was time to set a date.

Pretty short notice, but the date that would work best for me would be Saturday May 30th. So, check you calendars, call in your kitchen passes and let me know if this would work out for you guys.

Big or small, I think that the 30th is going to be the date that works for me. Festivities would get going at my place about noon and continue on until whenever. Same program as last year with 3 rooms of gear/speakers and seating. Deck, garage and 3-season for dining, swap and drunken lounging. I have a slug of stuff to play with, but will again strongly encourage people to bring there own gear and creations. This isn't a showcase for my crap, but an opportunity for everyone to play with lots 'o goodies. I wanna listen to your stuff :thmbsp:

Lets start a list here so that I can get an idea how many could attend.

Thanks.

RC

Nice! I'm going to try and make it. I've been waiting for this. It will be great to meet all these folks.

Thanks Ron!

Nice! I'm going to try and make it. I've been waiting for this. It will be great to meet all these folks.

Thanks Ron!

Well, hopefully we will have a good turnout on such short notice Andy. Looks like we are off to a slow start it seems :D

I look forward to meeting you :thmbsp:

RC

I just put it on the "official" kitchen calendar!

I don't know if that guarantees my attendance, but it increases my chances, anyway.

I've got a lot of soldering to do... I better get crackin'!

I can make it.

Excellent! I look forward to seeing you again Angus.

I just put it on the "official" kitchen calendar!

I don't know if that guarantees my attendance, but it increases my chances, anyway.

I've got a lot of soldering to do... I better get crackin'!

I sure hope you can Nate. Tell your bride that it's of national importance and you presence in required. That might confuse her long enough for you to slip out the back :D

RC

Ron, I can make it.

How about I bring those new Tyler Acoustics Decade D4's I won at the AK Fest?

1241110397.jpg

Shhhh, don't tell Aaron though, I don't think he'll believe the sound that comes out of something that small....

Retro

Ron, I can make it.

How about I bring those new Tyler Acoustics Decade D4's I won at the AK Fest?

Shhhh, don't tell Aaron though, I don't think he'll believe the sound that comes out of something that small....

Retro

You better bring them! I really would like to hear those again and we can play around with positioning a bit more.

I think that Aaron will be more than impressed :thmbsp:

RC

Why yes, those would make an awesome door prize, Retro! :yes:

You are a kind and generous man!!!

:D

Why yes, those would make an awesome door prize, Retro! :yes:

You are a kind and generous man!!!

Yeah Nate, those "would" make a great door prize, but does the saying "couldn't pry them from my cold dead hands" ring any kind of a bell for you?

Besides Ron, have any of you heard a pair of any Tyler Acoustics speakers?
If not, you're in for a treat. :music:

Retro

Bob and I should make it. I think I'll take the Yaqin and IMF's, as well as the Hummer and Adcom down.

What kind of stuff should I bring? What do people want to hear?

Things that come to mind - no guarantees that I'll bring any or all of it:
  • Bottlehead Seduction phono pre
  • Pilot SA-260 stereo EL34 amp
  • Haller passive pre
  • Tannolks
  • CMOY headphone amp (if I finish it in time)
  • anything else?

What kind of stuff should I bring? What do people want to hear?

Things that come to mind - no guarantees that I'll bring any or all of it:
  • Bottlehead Seduction phono pre
  • Pilot SA-260 stereo EL34 amp
  • Haller passive pre
  • Tannolks
  • CMOY headphone amp (if I finish it in time)
  • anything else?

The Seduction, Tannoys and Pilot would be cool... Heck, it all would great depending on what would travel well.

I still haven't heard the Tannolks yet. Hmmm... :scratch2:

RC

Saturdays are a bear for me...I invariably have to work at one of my two jobs. :( But...If I beg & grovel a miracle may occur. Either way I'd really enjoy meeting up with the gang from the Upper Midwest. I might pack up my Ampex 1115s for sheer oddity factor & drive 'em with a $3 garage sale SX-580.

Back
Top Bottom