Ears & Beers Ohio

Magnetar

I'm having an Ears & Beers Geekfest Saturday March 8 at my place in Uniontown Ohio. Food , beer, audio/music geek talk. New people always welcome.

Attachments

• geekfest.JPG
    geekfest.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Dang Bro!!! You're the mad scientist diy'er!! My new hero in the music sound world. I wish you were a little closer. Would love to sit in that chair - for a few a minutes anyway. How about doing a hd video complete with sound and post on here?

Dang Bro!!! You're the mad scientist diy'er!! My new hero in the music sound world. I wish you were a little closer. Would love to sit in that chair - for a few a minutes anyway. How about doing a hd video complete with sound and post on here?

Thanks! Ha, I do a have a little handle held HD recorder :) I'll do that

I remember listening to your system at Midewest Audiofest years ago - a great experience.

Really wish that show would have carried on and that I was closer to Uniontown; I'd love to get there for a listen/beer and to talk with like minded wackos who are into this alternative path to system building.

I remember listening to your system at Midewest Audiofest years ago - a great experience.

Really wish that show would have carried on and that I was closer to Uniontown; I'd love to get there for a listen/beer and to talk with like minded wackos who are into this alternative path to system building.

Ha, that was like 15 years ago?!!

My buddy that was coming had a heart attack last week, two guys celebrating chinese new year, one that couldn't get a ride because of it, below zero weather here with my furnace blasting in the next room so it's saturday March 8th now :)

I think i'm the only one out of the bunch that's a wacko though Billfort, everybody else mostly has the normal audio dweeb psychosis.

Hope you can make it over some time. we do have a blast.

15yrs? Yeah, it was a while ago, and I heard things at that show that really put me on a different path in audio - been a great ride since.

Damn they were cool shows, I think there was were only 2? I had such a great time at them; listened to so many nice systems using completely different approaches to all this and met some really nice people - such a refreshing take on audio.

Really liked that part of the US too, have to get back down there some day.

That's where and when i met Bruce Edgar in person. he came all the way from california! Bruce sent a lot us headed on a great path to building better music machines. :) Horns surely stuck with me and after 20 some years of messing with them they are still the best way for me to connect with the music in much deeper, more satisfying, emotional way then the other paths I've taken. :yes:

Yes, Bruce's rooms where the highlights of those shows for me - some of the best audio I've heard and such a great guy to talk to. If I had the room, I'd have found a way to have a pair of his Titans and seismic subs (2 of coarse) after hearing them there.

Good memories and sure wish there were more Midwest Audiofests.

Just peeked at your system - SWEET, the 604 with the 416's gotta sound great!

I think Mike Baker that did the Lima Midwest Fest lost $$ doing them so that was that. Now Parts Express does something called that but it isn't the same although very DIY oriented.

Thanks for the system compliment - it really did spin out of what I heard at places like that show.

Mike Baker - that's the name I was trying to remember. Loosing money would kill it right quick which is too bad, it was certainly a good time and I miss that kind of focus on an alternative approach that seems to connect you so solidly to the music.

Is this a whole weekend deal or just Saturday only, and can you tell me what all goes on at one of these fests. I have never been to one which is why I am curious.

Is this a whole weekend deal or just Saturday only, and can you tell me what all goes on at one of these fests. I have never been to one which is why I am curious.

It's a group of audiophiles in the area getting together for a few hours on a Saturday talking about audio and music, listening to music, eating some good food and having a few beers. This starts at 4:00 on Saturdayand will probably be over by 11. We have food and I have a keg of good beer. It's like an audio party of sorts. FUN and informal - we've been doing it every 3-4 months for years. New people are always welcome, just PM for directions

Considering the drive up is about 3 hrs and 45 mins, that would be too late. If you would ever consider having one in the afternoon, I would be in.

When the weather is nicer we normally start around 2 and have BBQ. I'm pretty sure a fellow has a gathering planned in the spring. He's in Salem Ohio. It's pretty informal as long as it's happening you can come and go whenever you want.

Magnetar... I appreciate the information. Please keep me in mind as I don't see this thread as much as the others. It would be nice to put a name with a face.

One week to go Saturday March 8 Ears & Beers

NE Ohio audio and music lovers invited. Starts at 4PM - PM for diections or questions. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom