New England OktoberFrankenFest October 20th in Clinton MA

C6Bill requested a subwoofer workshop package.

If any other attendees would like one, please PM me with your address and I'll make up another set of burns and printouts and mail you a package.
Don

C6Bill requested a subwoofer workshop package.

If any other attendees would like one, please PM me with your address and I'll make up another set of burns and printouts and mail you a package.
Don

An exceptionally nice gesture on top of all you did yesterday. Good on ya!

:thmbsp::thmbsp:

Frank and I discussed it, plus Jim agreed, so I've volunteered to coordinate a single demonstration mid-afternoon at each fest that it makes sense to.
After New Year's Day, I'll take a poll on the best demonstration time, which demo is most popular, plus I'll recruit volunteer presenters, coordinate the presentation, and cajole the presenter to get themselves ready.

Hey, if it works, great. If not, on to the next thing.
Don

A Very Fine Time!

First, thanks and congratulations to Frank. We are very fortunate to have a gracious host with a great space he is willing to share with us! Thanks to Sancho22 for holding the Yammie T-2 tuner for me. I can't wait to plug it in and listen to it. Great to see y'all -- deli, w1jim, Dave, bostown, and "new guy" Matt. Ditto. on the lasagna accolades. As always I look forward to the next gathering!

Cheers,

Doug

Well folks, as always you were a fantastic group. It's an honor to host you.

To the chef of the gnocci lasagna: as I promised my wife inhaled the remainder, it didn't make it through Sunday. Thanks to Juan and family for the sandwiches (two left on Sunday, I ate 'em for breakfast :)) and all of you for contributions to the buffet table.

Thanks to Don for the seminar and to continued efforts.

To Steve and Tony of the BAS, it was great to see you both again, and I'm pleased you saw fit to bring others from the group. Hope to see you all back.
And thanks for the pizza!

New folks keep coming at every fest, and I consider that the best compliment possible to the way we do things.

A couple of housekeeping notes:
Thanks to all for keeping things neat, Sunday morning clean-up was a snap.
We did get a complaint from the consignment gallery across the street about parking, but the complaint was a frivolous one by someone habituated to petulant outbursts.
Nonetheless, I might recommend alternate overflow parking for the next fest (I'm currently disinclined).

Could the Altec guy's contact me? I apologize for not remembering your names but I'm constitutionally incapable of remembering names unless I see them in print (or repeat them 20 times in conversation). I did open up the backs of the A7's and they are 416-8b's. I'll get those Fostecs moved back where they belong, but that introduces a question I'd like to discuss with you both. In A7 illustrations I see no baffle around the horns, and it seems to me it would be useful to make both the horn and tweeter steerable to a common long distance focus. I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks to all for the kind words re: gramphood. Little buggers funny looking (and he squeaks) but I guess he'll grow on me.

See you all in February

fcc

Last edited:
We did get a complaint from the consignment gallery across the street about parking, but the complaint was a frivolous one by someone habituated to petulant outbursts.

So you're saying if I'd complimented her on her rear end she might not have taken it well?

So you're saying if I'd complimented her on her rear end she might not have taken it well?

I have no observations to make about anyone's secondary sexual characteristics. She was having a bad day, is used to blaming everyone around her, and came over spoiling for a fight. She got a rational response and it drove her crazy. Someone was nice enough to document the parking crisis en camera. There is no story and the landlord has seen this nonsense before.
My disinclination is because I'm of the opinion that bad behavior does not deserve reward.
If it becomes an issue there is alternate parking behind the building.

Frank

Last edited:
I think Motorstereo mentioned to me that another AKer at the fest had a pair of Polk SDA-SRSs. Who was that? I missed talking to him.

I think it might have been a guy named Hugh. Adam and Frank know him.

Hey John, that reminds me. Guess what I finished working on. It's mobile! 50 minutes at 3000L.

DSC_1806.jpg

I think Motorstereo mentioned to me that another AKer at the fest had a pair of Polk SDA-SRSs. Who was that? I missed talking to him.

Yes it is member Dontay. Right now I believe he's in the process of comparing them to a pair of 1530's that he recently got from gigbyt. Now that's a tough choice.

Sorry to say i onlt today heard about Frankenfest from a fellow local AKer.
Any chance of getting a message for the next one?
Would really have loved to be in on a cartridge hands on.
Steve
Danvers,ma

Back
Top Bottom