My $36 Fisher 500-C

What a deal. You're going to love your 500C. I own nice McIntosh solid state gear and my 500C gets way more playing time. Wait until you start rolling some of those 12ax7 tubes too! Congrats on a remarkable deal.

If you haven't done so already, don't pull the tubes without noting which ones go where. From what I have read on this forum, if you mix up the tubes in the FM secton it might throw the alignment out.

I scored one of these last summer. Traded it for my childhood train set. After going through a bunch of threads here I have determined that I will never let it go. I'm slowly restoring mine back to 100% performance and I will be adding some additional safety mods for the protection of the transformers.

Enjoy your restoration journey.

Chappy

JBL 100s for a buck, that's not too bad. :D Beautiful 500C too, nice to have the original manuals and the wood case. They sure are fine sounding receivers when they're all done up right.

I have a 500C that has all the goodies just like yours, mine's a '64 though and it cost me a lot more.

Back
Top Bottom