Went on a console pickup and ???

I gots no problem with flippers,it's console gutters who are my arch enemy.

The lady we had originally got the console from had recently given away a freezer on CL and the morons, in her presense, were talking about how they were going to take it to the scrappers and get some $$$$ for it. She was understandably worried that this would happen to the Executive. But Buglegirl and I convnced her that this would NOT happen with the Executive. And that's how Fran ended up with it first, and when she couldn't care for it, she had me come and get it. It will probably end up in a museum after I finalize my bucket list. NO WAY am I letting this go, even if I have to get a couple of spare 800-c's.

The problem with flippers as I see it is they are just out for a buck and could care less about the gear (just like a gutter). It was designed and built as a unit, it should be used as a unit. The only time I see it being gutted is if the cabinet was destroyed in a natural disaster or other similar calamity. If the internals are still good but the cabinet is too far gone, then ok gut it out. But other than that use and enjoy it as it was built. Or concersely if the components internally are destroyed and the cabinet is good, either replace the components with equivalent or better, or repurpose it for a different use in the audio realm. Like LP, or Tape Storage, or even a TV Stand.

Larry

Back
Top Bottom