My 500T's Stereo Beacon is lit tonight...Strange Omen?

craig25

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I've seen it on before, but that was several months ago, so I can't even say that it is intermittent.
Should I be concerned? Other than that, everything seems to be working well. I really love this receiver, it just sounds quality if you know what I mean.

I've seen it on before, but that was several months ago, so I can't even say that it is intermittent.
Should I be concerned? Other than that, everything seems to be working well. I really love this receiver, it just sounds quality if you know what I mean.

Tried different antenna configurations? Maybe a stronger signal is all you need?

Is this in FM STEREO only or on all functions. If it's on anything but FM Stereo or AUTO, then there is a problem.

It's on in FM Stereo only. And it's working again tonight. I think it is the antenna that may be receiving a little better signal now. Am I correct in believing that if the beacon is not on, then I am not hearing a stereo signal?

Also, I wanted to ask, is there a copy of the owners manual somewhere online? I've only found the service manual. Thanks, Craig

The stereo beacon light on my 700T does not come on until the meter registers about a 2-3 on the meter. Until it comes on, you are probably in mono.

Then it's probably working as it should although it could be only picking up really strong Stations for stereo. Could be the multiplexer is slightly out of alignment, and no this isn't something you can do. I can't remember if the 500-T has a FM Muting button on it. If it does push or turn so you get interstation noise (between station noise). Tune to a station. if it's in stereo the light should come on automatically on presense of a multiplex signal (selector in FM STEREO!) If it's n FM Mono it won't light.

Owners manual for a 500-T? Probably Ebay.

Sony6060. Actually you do have one, but it's called the Stereo Beam. It's in your owners manual how to use it for FM Stereo. And it works a little differently than a STEREO BEACON or Light.

Back
Top Bottom