Fisher 200B

AlTinkster92

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Wondered your opinion on this.. Hooked up the X202B and FM200B last night and have to turn the volume half way up on each to get decent sound when useing the tuner.. If I play a CD on Aux the amp needs only the slightest increase in volume to get decent sound....just doesnt seem right haveing to turn the amp up half way as well as the volume on the tuner up the same...scratching my head on this..am I crazy or is this normal...

Sounds normal to me. The adjustable line out should only adjust the output to whatever the max on a fixed line out would be. I don't know the specs on your tuner's line out but it likely isn't as high as a cd player even at max output.

Al; Turn up the level controls (on the back) of the tuner to almost max. This should approximate the line input level of the amp. The line level inputs on the Tube Fishers are set up for voltages in the neighborhood of 1 to 1.25V IIRC. A lot of the CD Player's today have an output voltage close to 2V. This will show up as a volume imbalance between the CD player and the rest of the inputs. Look in the owners manual for the CD PLAYER output voltage and in the amps manual for the line level input voltages. Then put the CD Player on the AUX inputs of the X202 and turn down the Aux level pots on the back of the 202 a little until the levels between it and the FM are close. If the CD player is still too "hot" when played and the level pots are all the way down you may need some attenuaters. Probably in the neighborhood of 6 to 12db.

Larry

Thanks Larry, will see if I can find them, more than one correct? Are they labeled? The Tuner seems to work fine, its just the haveing to turn both the amp and the tuner volumes up to half way up for decent sound that concerned me. Amp works great and just a slight touch of volume is enough..under CD (aux), I pluged the tuner into the aux and still the lousy sound problem..

On the tuner back they should be in line onthe right side of the back as you're looking at it...... Pot, Left output cable(rca) Right output cable(rca), pot. They should be marked. Turn these all the way up. Plug it in to the tuner inputs.

The CD Plugs in to AUX. Get your Tuner level set 1st. then switch to CD and play. Adjust the AUX level pots on the back of the amp to equal level as the FM. And then just use the AMP Main Volume.

Larry

Larry I just looked at rear of tuner and there are no level adjustments..I looked at the right side where the 4 rca cables connect...says tuner and recorder, thats all. 65453E is the serial number Any ideas? Thanks

Finally found a manual for the FM-200B.

Turn the Audio level on the front up to 9 and leave it. Use the Main Amp Volume to set the speaker level.

The only other thing I can suggest is to turn down the AUX Level on the back of the amp so it matches the tuner input.

Larry

Last edited:
The AUX controls the CD INPUT ONLY! Has nothing to do with the TUNER.

Turn the TUNER AUDIO all the Way up, and adjust the AUX level to match. Then use the MAIN VOLUME only.

Larry

Thanks Larry, appreciate all your help.. Havent forgot the volume pot pic on the X202B ...try to get to it soon.

Back
Top Bottom