Bacon wrapped BBQd pork St Lawrence avec secret marinade. Mmmmm

Attachments

• Mmmm.jpg
    Mmmm.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Mnnnn2.jpg
    Mnnnn2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 39
Sounds like you have had much of what I call Throatzine (the magic elixir, for legal age persons, that clears the BBQ smoke from your throat) :-0

Note to self. Eat beans before getting the tattoo.

Let me say I am sorry for this Hijack. I will now behave.

Come on, share the marinade. Recipes are a family thing - you're amongst family here!

I get the pork "blade chops" if possible. They're dirt cheap and have more of the flavorful darker meat. with Shake-N-Bake. Seems so much healthier than beef.

OK..... I use the TLAR measuring method BTW

Maple syrup ( the real stuff not Aunt Jemima or the like)
cider vinegar
dark brown sugar - (a spoonful or so)
minced garlic
coarse black pepper
rosemary
a pinch of salt

blend in a pot at a low heat over the stove until the brown sugar melts ...

wait until it cools a bit then pour it into a resealable plastic bag. Add the thick slices of pork tenderloin - seal the bag ....swirl them around in the mixture until all are coated stick in the fridge for a few hours. Turn them over two or three time while marinating

wrap with bacon using toothpicks to keep the bacon in place. Cook low and slow on the BBQ so not to burn the bacon. Pour some of the leftover marinade over the meat when placed on the grill to add some extra flavour to the bacon. Use a meat thermometer to check the temp. 170 degrees

Howzat

Last edited:
Awesome, I'll give it a go...thanks for sharing it! Sweet, sour and garlic. What's not fantastic about that!?!

Awesome, I'll give it a go...thanks for sharing it! Sweet, sour and garlic. What's not fantastic about that!?!

Enjoy

I use a small pot to mix things .... you don't need much....the pork isn't deep sea swimming in the marinade when in the plastic bag.

Those chops look amazing. I like grill marks almost as much as tan lines, but I don't want to see either on Jimfet.

Back
Top Bottom