Yamaha HTR-6030

bigcam406

have a chance to pick one up for 100 bucks.good deal? any known issues? want to replace my 20 year old Technics SA-EX 140.just will be using it for 2 channel.

Pretty much bottom of the line, under 18 lbs and a lot of that goes to home theater bits, probably not even discrete outputs. Much as I like some Yamaha HT receivers I would not bother for 2ch use. Some of their 40 lb+ flagships make good stereo receivers, I would pass on this one.

thanks for the reply.i just figured i'd pick it up to play around with and if i liked it,i could add speakers later.

With a little luck you can go much higher on the Yamaha food chain for the same or a little more $. Look for something like the RX-V2500...lots of them getting dumped to upgrade to HDMI.

been pricing out the aforementioned model and they are 7-9 times the asking price of the 6030 that i was looking to grab.for that price i'd buy something brand new.

Not sure where you are looking but $150-$250 seems to be the typical reasonable asking price...though there are always delusion sellers that think 75% of original MSRP is about right for 10 year old electronics. RX-V2095 is an even better beast...spotted one local on Craigslist (Tampa) for $140...at 48 pounds no sane person wants to ship them. The deals are out there though it does depend a lot on where you are at.

picked up a htr 6025(same as a 6030,just not XM radio capable).for 25 bucks,couldnt resist.nice shape for being 8 yrs old.hooked up my cd,bluray and tape deck to it.played around with the different sound settings,was impressed.have a pair of Polks RTIA3's hooked up to it for now.for a basic entry level receiver,sure sounds nice.best 25 bucks ive spent in a while.:thmbsp:

thanks.still playing with it,lots crammed into these AVR's,playing with settings and such.thank god there was a paper manual included....:D

I'll dig that thread only to say that I've found one of these for 10$ and it is one of the best buys I've made, except I'm not using it as a stereo receiver, but as a 5.1 home theater. In a small living room like mine, it is the nicest of receivers to have hooked up to a smart TV. Two Paradigm Atom V1s, a Denon center speaker, Kenwood surrounds and a Sony sub, all of this taken out of the thrash all make up for a very serviceable TV sound system. I can even decently stream Spotify or whatever music from a TV app.

I wouldn't advise getting an HTR-6030 as a stereo receiver however. It doesn't sound very powerful and it doesn't have a phonostage.

Otherwise, for what it is, very nice little system. As always coming from Yamaha.

Attachments

• 20221210_060343.jpg
    20221210_060343.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20221210_060334.jpg
    20221210_060334.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom