Pictures of your computer set ups

Love the desk/shelving setup!

thanks! it is about all I can currently do. It is convenient for what I have going on, but it makes any kind of decent wire management difficult. The shelving brackets are rated at 240 Lbs each, and I anchored them with 4 1/2" 800 Lb power lags. It is pretty solid...

... though I will admit the 60 Lb. Conrad-Johnson made me a little nervous. It was a bear to get up and down from the shelf.

I bet! I think you have inspired me to do something different for my setup. I am hoping to possibly pick up a pair of modded 5jr+ speakers to run with my little 5wpc tube amp. I have read the extension on these guys are pretty impressive.

I do love my Fives... and they do dig deeper than they would appear.
That being said, there is a Paradigm sub under that desk, and when I run the 5jr+ it is crossed over around 60/65 hz.
And the Pangea stands (28 inch) mate very well.

^^^Nice. How are those JBLs?^^^

Truly excellent in near field, my main system stereo speakers are B&W DM3000s and the cheap little JBL just smoke them in a lot of ways. I don't think I've ever heard a better speaker for how little they cost me. I think if anyone is looking for a reasonable desktop or small system these should be on the shortlist.

The only down sides I can see is the mid range feels a little recessed and they are really sensitive to ass bloat if you place them to close to a rear wall.

Now this is something I can get behind. Computers are my passion and soon to be career. I wish I had more room though, I like being spread out.

Computer on the right is running Windows 8.1
Computer on the left is running Ubuntu 14 (linux)

Both were machines hand-built by me, designed with audio playback, photo editing, and heavy video gaming in mind.

Running Bose Acoustimass 3 Series III speakers (sub is out of view) with the Windows machine powered by a Sound Blaster Z and a JVC RX-6000V receiver. The most compact sound setup I could find for under $10.

Attachments

• _DSC0008.jpg
    _DSC0008.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 269
  • _DSC0019.jpg
    _DSC0019.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 211
  • _DSC0026.jpg
    _DSC0026.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Currently just a laptop hooked up to a new but old Sony mini hifi. Purchased a realistic Clarinette 122 today so I'm pretty satisfied with this setup. Improvement will be coming my way one day.

Attachments

• 20150804_212001.jpg
    20150804_212001.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 132
Here is mine...

I have replaced a squeezebox touch with this Surface Pro 3 usb into an Emotiva Stealth DC1. I am using Roon software, mostly. I have the record player hooked up to a Bugle2 phono stage and then into the DC1 analog inputs. Speakers are Dynaudio powered monitors.

It sounds great!

DSC_0837_zps76vafyrk.jpg

I've got a new pair of speakers in auditioning for a few weeks before I need to decide on keeping our not. They are GoldenEar Aon 3's. So far, I have been pretty impressed with how big of sound you get with how small these are. The passive woofers on the side really help these small guys reach pretty low!

edd377753b34c92758e2c219aa064769.jpg

6f2418b5e98c76f710698c8cecc36387.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a new pair of speakers in auditioning for a few weeks before I need to decide on keeping our not. They are GoldenEar Aon 3's. So far, I have been pretty impressed with how big of sound you get with how small these are. The passive woofers on the side really help these small guys reach pretty low!

Passive radiators on the side? reminds me of the bid AR9.

Definitive Technology had (or has) a few models with side- or top-mounted passive radiators. Not sure whether they sound anything like the Aon.

Currently, I don't have a PC, laptop or tablet. No hurry to change that. I do all of my personal Internet stuff on my phone. Therefore, I don't have a computer setup to post pics of. However, I must say, I have been reading this thread and all of these setups are very nice. A few years ago, before discovering AK, I had the audio output from the PC I had connected to an old realistic receiver powering a pair of Sony bookshelf speakers and an old realistic sub. It was pretty good for what it was. Wish I had taken pics. Keep 'em coming guys! :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom