the real price for kappa 9s

1350 Euro is the price for kappa 9th
Is it too high because I have to replace two midrange speaker.
I see no reason that we NAD 208 could drive the kappa 9.
The specification states that the amplifier is 1 Oms stability.
"The MOSFET output stage delivers power plus signal speed and control, driving any loudspeaker load,
even Wednesday and below 1 ohm. "
Does anyone have experience with NAD amplifiers in combination with Kappa 9 ?

I've been powering my Kappa 9s with a nad 208 for the last several years, although i'm biamping with the 208 on the bottom and a nad 2700 on top. Never had a problem. I keep them set in extended mode. The 208 is a really nice amp.

I purchased a dbx bx1/cx1 combo last year for the 9s but have yet to put them into the rotation.

Last edited:
Hello

I bought kappa 9 for 1000 Euro.
Now I just need to replace the Polydome.

Kappa are in good condition.

2015-07-27 21.53.51.jpg

Last edited:
IMO their is more to the question of will the amp drive a speaker. You really need to ask the question does the amp drive the speaker and does it sound good. I put a number of amps on my pair of Kappa 9's and I thought they sounded less than musical. The Kappa 8's on the other hand I thought were quite reasonable to drive and sounded very sweet. It is that SEMIT on top that can sound quite harsh and glaring if your gear down stream isn't right. I haven't given up on the Kappa 9's as I still have them stashed away, as I have heard with the "right" amps they can be very good. Most people that have had good luck are running amps like Krells, or Classe, high power SS amps. I think I would prefer something more like a pair of Carver Black Beauty's, or some big ARC tube amps, maybe with a big pair of Mcintosh SS amps on the bottom end.

Last edited:
Nice speakers! Congratulations and good luck on restoring them. I am sure they will sound great.

A friend of mine used an Adcom 5802 to power his Kappa 9s, that seemed to be a compatible setup, sounded pretty good too (at least to my old ears....) :music:

If those are for real it would make a lot of people happy.
Cool find.

IMO their is more to the question of will the amp drive a speaker. You really need to ask the question does the amp drive the speaker and does it sound good. I put a number of amps on my pair of Kappa 9's and I thought they sounded less than musical. The Kappa 8's on the other hand I thought were quite reasonable to drive and sounded very sweet. It is that SEMIT on top that can sound quite harsh and glaring if your gear down stream isn't right. I haven't given up on the Kappa 9's as I still have them stashed away, as I have heard with the "right" amps they can be very good. Most people that have had good luck are running amps like Krells, or Classe, high power SS amps. I think I would prefer something more like a pair of Carver Black Beauty's, or some big ARC tube amps, maybe with a big pair of Mcintosh SS amps on the bottom end.

Spot on advice. I would also add to that the low cost solution. Aragon 4004MKii. Throw two at them and forget about it. Dont use the Aragon preamp (like a 24K) as it is too laid back. I have not installed the perfect solution in my system yet, but my next step is to throw in a California Labs CL15 as a CD player/preamp and run everything else into it through the 24K > CL15 > Amp.

By the number should be original, so they told me at the store.
I'll see when I get them. It should be this week.

Ok many may disagree here, well the poly-dome on the kappa X.1 series is the same, with an added feature, it had a metal mesh to protect the plastic dome. These must be crack free, and filled, otherwise the driver will overheat.

I am parting out, selling most speakers, and have the same ploy-dome in Kappa 6.2i, which is the 6.1 in a different enclosure. The ploy-dome should be somewhat clear, not milk white, as that is how they look when the material is very brittle

I may sell these, but I need to have pictures. I have no camera now. and would rather wait to barrow one as most of the big price tag gear has saved pictures on this computer.

just have the old ones fixed...why mess around with something that won't sound as good...its been said a hundred times....most people who tried the replacement ended up getting rid of it and fixing the original...wasting your money...

Back
Top Bottom