Friday Tunes

5bdf810ae7a0c71b427fa110.L.jpg

Graceland -- CD

Paul Simon

1986/1990 Warner Bros. Records

Amazon.com essential recording

The melding of South African styles and Simon's trademark sensibility made for one of the most intriguing albums--not to mention commercial hits--of the '80s. At once lively, thoughtful, gorgeous, and tough, Graceland acknowledges splits both in South Africa's social fabric and in Simon's personal life (the title track is a clear descendant of the earlier "Hearts and Bones," a song about the singer-songwriter's brief marriage to Carrie Fisher). Humor is hardly absent from the mix, though; witness the addled "I Know What I Know" and the fable-like "You Can Call Me Al." --Rickey Wright

Side one
No. Title Writer(s) Length
1. "The Boy in the Bubble" Forere Motloheloa, Paul Simon 3:59
2. "Graceland" Simon 4:48
3. "I Know What I Know" General MD Shirinda, Simon 3:13
4. "Gumboots" Lulu Masilela, Jonhjon Mkhalali, Simon 2:44
5. "Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes" Joseph Shabalala, Simon 5:45
Side two
No. Title Writer(s) Length
6. "You Can Call Me Al" Simon 4:39
7. "Under African Skies" Simon 3:37
8. "Homeless" Shabalala, Simon 3:48
9. "Crazy Love, Vol. II" Simon 4:18
10. "That Was Your Mother" Simon 2:52
11. "All Around the World or the Myth of Fingerprints" Simon 3:15

rgXv3v.jpg

VOCI
(Folk Songs II)
NATURALE
Luciano Berio
Radio Symphonieorchester Wien
Dennis Russell Davies - conductor
Kim Kashkashian - viola
Robyn Schulkowsky - percussion

ECM New Series

Great record, but the band should have auditioned other drummers.

Yes I really enjoyed it..better not let curmudgeonly ole Ginger hear you talk like that or he'll come and bop you on the nose with his walking stick or maybe a polo mallet.
I had been thinking about picking up some of Ginger's solo material after watching Beware Mr. Baker...your post and the Apple Music Free Trial made it finally happen.

Can't top Revolver but that can't stop us from giving it a try there BBG.

Beatles
Magical Mystery Tour
attachment.php

"Penny Lane is in my ears and my eyes"​

eDQd7O.jpg

AT THE SIGN OF THE CRUMHORN
Amourus songs in our Netherlandish tongue, composed by divers composers, very pleasing to sing and play on all musical instruments, printed in Antwerp by Tielman Susato, residing at the sign of the Crumhorn
Tielman Susato
Convivium Musicum Gothenburgense
Sven Berger - director
Andreas Edlund - organ

Naxos

Man, I feel you Texans in the heat. We have our bouts too, just not as intense or longlasting. Gimme a nod in January-February up here when it's -30.

Getting into some guitar with:
Robin Trower - "Bridge of Sighs"

Man, I feel you Texans in the heat. We have our bouts too, just not as intense or longlasting. Gimme a nod in January-February up here when it's -30.

Getting into some guitar with:
Robin Trower - "Bridge of Sighs"

A few weeks ago we were bringing out the rain suits and kayaks because of the months long flooding rains..well they did finally end when the infamous High Pressure Dome moved in over central Texas.. now we are baking.
The electric company e mailed a heat advisory and asked us to cut back on electrical use to help with the strain on the power grid. I did turn off the SX-737 for a bit while I grabbed some lunch. So I did my part. It's back on..and so is Stevie ...who just Couldn't Stand the Weather.

attachment.php

A couple of weeks ago the ground seen in the pic was muddy and the plants were lush and green...I tried to keep them going but it's a losing battle now.

Attachments

• SRV_Weather.JPG
    SRV_Weather.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom