The official AK golf thread

How about Leishman? The guy threw 15 birdies up there over a 28 hole stretch, that's better than one every other hole. 5 guys with a chance with 2 holes to play, great action. A popular win for Zach Johnson, clutch putting down the stretch. By all accounts a stand up guy.

What a day. Torn up the front side with 4 birdies, 4 pars and a @#%@!&!!! double bogey for a 2 under 34. Missed short birdie putts on 10 and 11 and then the wheels fell off. Made 2 more doubles coming in and even with another birdie on 17 shot 42 on the back. Had a great chance of bettering my 2015 best round today but fell short. Damn but this game pisses me off at times!

What a day. Torn up the front side with 4 birdies, 4 pars and a @#%@!&!!! double bogey for a 2 under 34. Missed short birdie putts on 10 and 11 and then the wheels fell off. Made 2 more doubles coming in and even with another birdie on 17 shot 42 on the back. Had a great chance of bettering my 2015 best round today but fell short. Damn but this game pisses me off at times!

Streaky fun round. Can make you lots of money! Who needs consistency :thmbsp:

I'm glad I just found this thread.

I started working at a Country Club this year and I get to play often.
I got in a league that plays Mon, Wed and Fridays at 8am.
Still, gets difficult playing in 100+ heat Index day after day.

I have lost about 20 lbs though.
I look forward to keeping up on this thread.

Www.sunkistcc.com

Worst round of the year. The only thing that was working well was the sand wedge from the sand and my fairway woods. 6 penalties, 4 three putts, and a 47.

Worst round of the year. The only thing that was working well was the sand wedge from the sand and my fairway woods. 6 penalties, 4 three putts, and a 47.
Two putt everything and cut out the penalties and you make 37. I feel your pain!

I like to look at things that way, but realistically, I wasn't close to shooting a 37. I had 3-4 solid shots all day. It was a mess, but I got a tip on playing out of the sand. The only thing to the tip was to exaggerate the slowness of the backswing on a sand shot. I kept everything else about my swing the same and the results were remarkable. I had 4 shots from the sand around the green. All 4 ended up within 10 feet of the hole. If this is something that everyone knows but me, I'm going to kick myself. :D

43-43, 31 putts 3 penalty strokes. The golf gods were kind to me today. I didn't play well at all but found a way to get the ball in the hole. It makes up for those days I hit it great but get every bad break and every putt lips out. Funny game we play.

BTW, we bought a new puppy and will pick him up on Saturday. A Golden Retriever. This will be our first Golden. I bring this up because I discovered that GR were first bred in Scotland. I'm hoping that somehow this will please the afore mentioned golf gods and translate into lower scores for me. :scratch2:

cubdog

Golden Retrievers are great dogs. One of our neighbors has one.

cubdog - a question for you (and others) Would you rather kick it around and score well or hit it good and not score so well. We all know that can happen.

Last edited:
I'd rather hit great shots and not score. I know if I'm hitting it good eventually lower scores will follow. Good luck only lasts for a little while.

cubdog

my wife got her first 45. She's in a league. Started playing 5-6 years ago after going to the range with me. I gave her some basic pointers then she went to a PGA teacher for 3 lessons. Now she plays more than me. She's been in 48-53 range but last week I got the text....45!!!
Glad for her.

my wife got her first 45. She's in a league. Started playing 5-6 years ago after going to the range with me. I gave her some basic pointers then she went to a PGA teacher for 3 lessons. Now she plays more than me. She's been in 48-53 range but last week I got the text....45!!!
Glad for her.

Good for her! My wife broke 50 for the third time just today. She shot a 48-52.

I shot a 38-42. It should have been better but I kind of choked it away on the 17th hole with a triple bogey. At least I finished with a par on the 18th. Besides that I couldn't get anything to drop on the back nine. After taking only 14 putts on the front I had 18 putts on the back. I probably left 4 easy putts inches short and had a lip out on one putt that was well struck. Oh well ball striking wise it was one of my best rounds of the year and as we were discussing earlier that more important to me in the long run.

cubdog

Nice round cubdog! I came down with the crud after playing Tuesday and have spent most of the past few days in bed. Up and dressed today. Supposed to play in an outing tomorrow morning. Still feeling weak though. We'll see.

Big deal for me !!

Shot 97 today:banana::banana:... 1st time since 1972ish playing under 100, stopped playing 1973 +/-.

Just started up again two summers ago at 63 years old

I shot a 93 in my league Friday. 45 - 48.
I know I can do better. I tell myself.

It did get me a few dollars for +1 on the front and a skin for par (net birdie) on #2.

Score one for the old guys! Played in an outing yesterday. My team didn't win but I won the long drive. Maybe I hit a sprinkler head? I flat killed it. It still happens on occasion. Made my day.

Back
Top Bottom