Yamaha Natural Sound AV-80

malanga

I just picked up a Yamaha Natural Sound AV-80 Y integrated amp today. Seems to be working fine so far, but unfortunately I can find no info on this whatsoever. Anyone familiar with this amp? Any info source online? Yamaha had nada. :no:

Last edited:
Here are some pictures I borrowed off that auction site. :D
What I found interesting about it is that it has a button for switching to laser disk player, so I am guessing this probably early 90s.

Attachments

• Yamaha1.jpg
    Yamaha1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Yamaha2.jpg
    Yamaha2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 65
  • Yamaha3.jpg
    Yamaha3.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Yamaha4.jpg
    Yamaha4.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Yamaha5.jpg
    Yamaha5.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 60
I have seen a few of these at the GW and such, very good build quality and that era of yamaha was solid and sounded great IMO. Good pick-up for sure! enjoy!

157 watts per channel at 8ohms yamaha av-80

Attachments

• 120320-203158.jpg
    120320-203158.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 120320-203313.jpg
    120320-203313.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 51
Make that 100 wpc minimum RMS output 8 ohms or...

145 wpc dynamic

Don't really know the difference, but that is out of the service manual.

I believe I have this same amp, and it sounds really good. Very solid build, lots of power. I remember it was 100 WPC when I researched it. I believe it was part of a rack system but I could be wrong. Got it for $9.99 at Salvation Army.

I wanted this back when it was out. I finally picked up one at a thrift shop. It's in the brushed gray wine color. It was part of a series of components designed to visually fit with each other, a popular thing during that time. I have the tuner (doesn't work) and the dual cassette.

I've always thought this was one of the best looking components, with one of the best user interfaces, and mix of controls.

I have no idea how it ranks among other amps. The tuner does not compare well to audiophile tuners like the Sony 444ES I have hooked up.

I'd like to know more about how it compares to earlier natural sound components.

I found a similar one at a thrift.Part of a early 90s rack system.Not very well thought of from what I read.Didn't get a chance to hear one.Dropped it down a set of stairs when I got home. Broke.Probably a decent amp but no comparo to the good Yamahas.

Back
Top Bottom