Yamaha CX-2 selector switch

belgianbrain

I've been using the CX-2 I purchased for while with no noticeable problems.

95% of the time, I use the CD input for my DAC with pure direct mode.

Yesterday I noticed that no matter where I put the input selector, I still hear the DAC playing at full volume.

Is this normal?

Whats the output voltage of the DAC ? Might try cleaning the selector switch might reduce the crosstalk.

DAC is hot, probably 1V rms or even more.

But I literally get NO ATTENUATION by switching to a different input. Anyone ever seen this?

DAC is hot, probably 1V rms or even more.

But I literally get NO ATTENUATION by switching to a different input. Anyone ever seen this?

Thats really srange, No attenuation -- broken switch ? Does "Pure Direct" switch have any effect on the issue at hand?

How about without the DAC. Still getting the same level of crosstalk with other sources ?

Thats really srange, No attenuation -- broken switch ? Does "Pure Direct" switch have any effect on the issue at hand?

How about without the DAC. Still getting the same level of crosstalk with other sources ?

I tried it again today and selector switch worked just fine! :scratch2:

I also noticed when I used it and selector switch didn't work that power button also didn't work to turn it off - something I didn't think too carefully about since I also use a switch on a power bar to kill the power to that stack.

Listening to the system now I detect a little intermittent distortion.

Maybe I'll start with a deoxit of the volume and selector units.

once my c-x2 acted wierd, many years ago

I tried it again today and selector switch worked just fine! :scratch2:

I also noticed when I used it and selector switch didn't work that power button also didn't work to turn it off - something I didn't think too carefully about since I also use a switch on a power bar to kill the power to that stack.

Listening to the system now I detect a little intermittent distortion.

Maybe I'll start with a deoxit of the volume and selector units.

all I did was disconnect the a/c plug from my surge protector. No issues since

Back
Top Bottom