R series in Black, ~1984

DRecovery

Pants-wearer
Anyone know about the R series receivers in Black? Which models were available in black and when? I've only seen one, an R-300 with an inspection sticker dated 1984. It appears to be North America only, it's marked 120V/60Hz.

I tried to google it but due to contemporary models with very similar part numbers (i.e. R-S300) it's just about ungoogleable.

Anyone know about the R series receivers in Black? Which models were available in black and when? I've only seen one, an R-300 with an inspection sticker dated 1984. It appears to be North America only, it's marked 120V/60Hz.

I tried to google it but due to contemporary models with very similar part numbers (i.e. R-S300) it's just about ungoogleable.

Yamaha R-9, R-10

I bet there are some black R's in Canada. They seem to prefer black versions of classic silver. (Only we would know what I am talking about.:D)

Yamaha R8 with the funky RED leds. :D

DSC06825.jpg

I think those might be a bit later? I was thinking of the R-xx00 series, R-300 through R-2000. I think these were the first Yamaha receivers with digital tuners, ca. ~1980-81, although this black R-300 is from 1984. I assumed it was part of the xx00 but maybe it was a low-end holdover into the later model lines. I am really wondering if a black R-900 or higher model exists! :)

BTW, I am very close to Canada and have lived and worked there at various points. I prefer the black finish as well. Must be something in the water. :)

The R-X units share some of FM LED displays of silver R-XXX and R-XXXX silver faces. They have zero distortion rule amplification. Most of other specs
mirror the R-1000 and R-2000 preanps or slightly below them. They went conventional 19 inch chassis.

The silver X power amps have more grunt and headroom.

Back
Top Bottom