Yamaha B2 amp lamp options on VU meters

triode4

http://files.sharenator.c
This may have already been answered, but anyone here know if there is an alternative LED light option I can use as a replacement for my burnt out filament bulbs for the VU meters?

Yamaha B2 lamp option on VU meters

Hello

You can replace bulbs by bulbs no problem and they will live for years . Using LED is possible but the color of the light will change.

Wait for the answer of our member " VINT AGE" who did it on his B2 .

Regarding my point of view none of my B2 use LED for lighting the meters (5 B2 )

I wouldn't use regular LEDs because they'll have bright spots. I used 360° diffused LEDs from Superbrightleds in mine. The whites have the highest brightness. The blues have an almost black light look/effect that I really like and the yellows look the most like the original incandescents but are a little more subdued. I also have one with red ones that I think look real nice.

It's a pretty easy mod to do. I installed them in the same Stanley holders that the bulbs were in and I added a single resistor of suitable value in series with the 12V lamp line to the board. You have to pay attention to the polarity and make sure you install them all in the same way. If you don't like it, it's pretty easy to revert back to the bulbs. :thmbsp:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I like the blue light. do you have a link to the place you bought the leds? What size resistor did you use? Did you go in from the top or the front to replace them?

Thanks for the replies. I like the blue light. do you have a link to the place you bought the leds? What size resistor did you use? Did you go in from the top or the front to replace them?

As I said, I got my LEDs from superbrightleds, (RL5-). The value of the resistor will depend on what LEDs you pick. I'm running mine at about 20mA each and IIRC you'll need something like a 180 ohms 2.5 W give or take. The calculations are pretty simple. I solder 1 end of the resistor in the hole where the feed wire attaches to the lamp board and then I attached the wire to the other end of the resistor.

As I said, I got my LEDs from superbrightleds, (RL5-). The value of the resistor will depend on what LEDs you pick. I'm running mine at about 20mA each and IIRC you'll need something like a 180 ohms 2.5 W give or take. The calculations are pretty simple. I solder 1 end of the resistor in the hole where the feed wire attaches to the lamp board and then I attached the wire to the other end of the resistor.

Thank you very much for your help, I am going this route, exactly what I needed!

Back
Top Bottom