4.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 83
yes,thay are taped to the original speakers screw hols.i was think about polish them but there was some deep scratches on them.and i welded the top cover then i faired weld and scratches.

The good thing about aluminum its easy to work. If scratches can not be progressively knocked out with wheels and grit paper they can be filled in with brazing rod before that step. Better then using a welder in this respect.

An anodize finish would also be gorgeous.

Again awesome work. I cant get over how nice your infinitys look. I can fully appreciate what it takes to achieve professional finishes with both materials.

i made spikes for stands from aluminum

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 41
i make stainless spikes and pads.speakers are finished

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 84
Hi mulin,

I just binge read this thread... and I have to say you are a true craftsman, much respect. Great thread, and your work is beautiful. BEAUTIFUL!

What a great thread, and what a great job, truly a master woodworker. Probably the best restoration thread on the Kappa's. Such great attention to detail.

:thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:

Respect!! Very nice!! How much time did it take to get the speakers like this?

thanks!spent a lot of time.I worked most at night.this is first time i working something like this.first time i painting with spray gun.the other project will be much faster.I learned a lot from this project about restoration and painting veneer.THANKS TO ALL GUYS FOR COMMENTS!

SOON I GO WITH NEW PROJECT

I have never seen a pair of Infinity's look this good. As Zonker said: BRAVO!

I tip my hat to your Sir. Outstanding work.

I just binge read this thread... and I have to say you are a true craftsman, much respect. Great thread, and your work is beautiful. BEAUTIFUL!

What a great thread, and what a great job, truly a master woodworker. Probably the best restoration thread on the Kappa's. Such great attention to detail. :thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:

+1, definitely!

I'm going to move this thread to the Infinity Forum, where it will attract and keep more attention.

stands are almost completed.the other speaker is also finished,just needs to be polished.
What's that red material you filled in to aluminium box? I think this is a sand, am i right? If is a sand... :) so why you did not raplace that sand for stone like granite or marmuru?

Back
Top Bottom