center channel question

Bkphoto

Anyone know if Infinity made a center channel that would work well with the Reference Sixes...?

OH god yes. CC3 works just fine.

But yes, I believe there was a real Reference series center, and was the same as the center speaker for the Crescendo line.

MY main 5.1 system is Reference Six's for fronts, CC3 center, and Reference 2000.2's for rears, and Infinity BU-2 sub.

My two cents Stu

A center that is the same as your two front speakers is the best. Unfortunately not practical for most people. So, a speaker from the same series or that uses the most similar drivers and voicing is next best option.

OH god yes. CC3 works just fine.

But yes, I believe there was a real Reference series center, and was the same as the center speaker for the Crescendo line.

MY main 5.1 system is Reference Six's for fronts, CC3 center, and Reference 2000.2's for rears, and Infinity BU-2 sub.

My two cents Stu

cool....every once in a while i see a kappa center that looks pretty sweet also...

I know this thread is a few weeks old, but I just noticed it, and figured I'd point out that Infinity made at least three EMIT-R-based centers:

Kappa Center
CS Video (which seems pretty similar to the Kappa)
Delta Center

There was never a "Reference" series center; there was an RS Video, but it uses a polydome tweeter.

I have several Kappas (all needing foam surrounds), two Deltas (both in service; one in my theater and one in my bedroom) and one CS video (also needing new surrounds). I haven't formally compared them but I can tell you that the Deltas seem to do a pretty good job with my Kappa 8s and Kappa 8.1s.

If you have the space a Ref 4 or 5 should work as well as a center, but since it's designed as a floorstander, it's probably not ideal unless your TV is at least three feet off the floor with empty space underneath

Back
Top Bottom