Sony STR-DE845

rainman14624

Need help sorting out problems with this receiver. Finally got it out of the demo loop, but now the output to the speakers is intermittent. Sometimes it just comes on by itself. Other times, I can press and hold the standby button and it outputs audio. I've looked for bad solders on the mainboard and the control board. I added a light coating of solder to the pins that hook the controller board to the standby switch and speaker switch board, as well as the mute board. I'm not getting the volume from the relays clicking like my other Sony receivers. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
David

Update: After taking front panel apart and adding a light coating of solder to the pins that hook the boards together, as well as taking the bottom plate off to look for bad solder joints on the mainboard, I put it back together. I still have no function from the power/standby button, but the unit powers on when plugged in and goes to radio. I have output to the speakers and everything seems to be working except the power/standby function. I can live with this. I have the unit hooked up to our deck speakers and can leave the receiver on. Tis puzzling as to the power button, though.

Back
Top Bottom