Bought the Olympus PEN E-PL1 body...need a lens

Rick,
What kind of brand/lens are you getting and will it need an adaptor? Look forward to your impressions and photos!

Well, I changed my mind about the lens. Ordered a 45-200mm Panasonic instead of a prime. I think it'll be a bit more flexible while learning the camera.

Now I want to sell my FZ-20 and Lumix LX3. They will be missed.

Well, I changed my mind about the lens. Ordered a 45-200mm Panasonic instead of a prime. I think it'll be a bit more flexible while learning the camera.

Now I want to sell my FZ-20 and Lumix LX3. They will be missed.

I have the FZ-20 and would never sell it. :no: Not too many digital cameras have a constant F2.8 throughout the whole zoom range.

Camera lens should arrive tomorrow, along with a spare battery. I always keep a spare wherever I go, sometimes 2 or 3. Not much irritates me more than running out of juice!

I have an Pentax SF1 with an SMC Pentax-M zoom 1: 4.5 80mm ~ 200mm as well as a couple other lenses for that camera.

Will this lens be able to be used w/ the Olympus PEN E-PL1 ?

Last edited:
I have a Pentax SF1 with an SMC Pentax-M zoom !: 4.5 80mm ~ 200mm as well as a couple other lenses for that camera.

I use an SMC Pentax-M 50/1.7 with a Rainbowimaging adapter on my PEN, works great. Just be aware that the adapters aren't precise; they will focus past infinity, a minor annoyance.

If it's a Pentax K lens it should work. Try calling and asking these guys. http://www.rainbowimaging.biz/shop/category.php?id_category=3&p=3

Carl:

Thanks

Info I have found on the lens:

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Pentax_SFX_(SF1)

The Pentax SFX (SF-1 in US), dating from 1987, was the world's first autofocus 35mm film SLR with built-in TTL auto flash.....

...Lens mount: Pentax K-AF. (Can also accept all K-mount manual lenses, and M42 with an adaptor.)....

I have an Pentax SF1 with an SMC Pentax-M zoom 1: 4.5 80mm ~ 200mm as well as a couple other lenses for that camera.

I use an SMC Pentax-M 50/1.7 with a Rainbowimaging adapter on my PEN, works great. Just be aware that the adapters aren't precise; they will focus past infinity, a minor annoyance.

Thanks Chicks

If it's an AF lens, it may not have a manual aperture ring on it. If not, it won't be very useful on the PEN, since you'll have to shoot wide open...

Back
Top Bottom